Wednesday, 5 December 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Cecilia Keaveney that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and...
- Order of Business (85 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Defamation Bill 2006 — Committee Stage, resumed, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and to adjourn not later than 2 p.m. if not previously...
- Defamation Bill 2006: Committee Stage (Resumed) (56 speeches)
- Fifth Report of Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
The Committee of Selection reports that it has discharged Senator Maurice Cummins from membership of the Joint Committee on European Affairs at his request and has appointed Senator Paschal...
- Defamation Bill 2006: Committee and Remaining Stages (Resumed) (61 speeches)
- Budget Statement 2008: Statements (59 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House.
- Visit of Former Member (2 speeches)
I welcome into the Distinguished Visitors Gallery former Deputy and Senator Charlie McDonald, a past Cathaoirleach of the Seanad. He is very welcome.
- Budget Statement 2008: Statements (Resumed) (13 speeches)
For the past five years I have had the privilege of being an Opposition spokesperson responding to the speech of the Minister for Finance on budget day. It was a role I greatly enjoyed and I...
- Visit of Former Member (1 speech)
I welcome Mr. Tom Hussey to the Visitors Gallery. Mr. Hussey is a former Member of the House and a former Minister of State.
- Budget Statement 2008: Statements (Resumed). (47 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Finance, Deputy Noel Ahern, to the House. The tragic backdrop to today's budget is the waste of the boom years. There is no improvement in...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Care of the Elderly (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Hoctor, to the House. It may well be her first time here on the Adjournment of the House. I wish her well in the future as a Minister of State.
- Job Creation (11 speeches)
I had hoped the Minister of State, Deputy Hoctor, would reply to this matter as she is a fellow countywoman and constituency colleague of mine. This matter is as pertinent to her as it is to me....