Tuesday, 4 December 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (5 speeches)
I have received notice from Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill that he proposes to raise the following matter on the Adjournment: The need for the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform to appoint...
- Order of Business (162 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the Asset Recovery Offices, referral to committee; and No. 2, the Defamation Bill 2006. It is proposed to take No. 1 without debate at the conclusion of...
- Asset Recovery Offices: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of...
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy (11 speeches)
I acknowledge some very senior people from the Mullingar rotary club and its president, Councillor Robert Troy, who have visited the House today to be present for the tributes that are about to...
- Defamation Bill 2006: Committee Stage (228 speeches)
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- State Airports (8 speeches)
As the Senator who is first on the list is not present, we will proceed with the next matter. I welcome the Minister of State to the House.
- Judicial Appointments (2 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for the opportunity to raise this matter. I refer to the need for the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform to appoint a second permanent District Court judge...
- Hospital Services (3 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for accepting this matter for debate and I thank the Minister of State, Deputy John McGuinness, for being in the House to respond. I am highly concerned about a recent...