Wednesday, 10 December 2003
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Mansergh that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The urgent need for the Minister for Education...
- Order of Business. (38 speeches)
Before I call the Leader I must point out an error in the Order Paper. No.1 refers to Dáil Éireann where it should refer to Seanad Éireann. That will be corrected tonight. It is a printer's error.
- Bovine Diseases Regulations: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approve the following Regulations in draft:– Bovine Diseases (Levies) Regulations, 2003, copies of which were laid in draft before the House on 9...
- Report on Dublin and Monaghan Bombings: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann requests the Joint Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights, or a sub-committee thereof, to consider, including in public session, the report of the...
- Report on Dublin and Monaghan Bombings: Motion. - Defamation: Statements. (45 speeches)
I very much welcome this opportunity to set out in the Seanad some of my thinking on defamation, with particular reference to the issue of reform of our existing legislation. This opportunity...
- Report on Dublin and Monaghan Bombings: Motion. - Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs (Powers and Functions) Bill 2003: Committee and Remaining Stages. (7 speeches)
Sections 1 to 6, inclusive, agreed to.
- Report on Dublin and Monaghan Bombings: Motion. - Local Authority Funding: Motion. (148 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, noting that, since it took office, this Government has: –abolished the first time buyer's grant; –raised VAT on house purchases;
- Adjournment Matters. - Schools Building Projects. (9 speeches)
I reiterate my welcome for the extra €55 million provided, between the Book of Estimates and the budget, for school buildings. I suppose it was directed more towards primary than secondary...
- Adjournment Matters. - Disabled Person's Grant. (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House and thank him for taking this matter on the Adjournment. Disabled persons in the midland region are caught in an impasse between the Government and...