Wednesday, 8 October 2003
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Mansergh that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Transport to...
- Order of Business. (42 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, a referral motion whereby the subject matter of motion No. 13 is being referred to the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights,...
- Treaty of Amsterdam: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approve, in accordance with Article 29.4.6o of Bunreacht na hÉireann, the exercise by the State of the option, provided by Article 3 of the fourth...
- Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse: Statements (Resumed). (37 speeches)
Senator Kitt was in possession and has 11 minutes remaining.
- Criminal Justice (Temporary Release of Prisoners) Bill 2001: Second Stage. (16 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Benchmarking: Motion. (155 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann resolves that payment of the remaining phases of benchmarking be suspended pending the implementation of a serious reform package which would yield improvements in...
- Adjournment Matter. - Railway Derailment. (3 speeches)
I am thankful, as are we all, that the serious, even spectacular, rail accident in Cahir involved no loss of life or injuries. In that respect it was better than the previous accident in the same...