Wednesday, 16 October 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.30 a.m.
- Financial Resolutions - Financial Resolution No. 9: General (Resumed) (8 speeches)
Debate resumed on the following Financial Resolution: -(Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government)
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- National Broadband Plan (7 speeches)
33. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment if he will report on delays to the national broadband plan announced by the Taoiseach. [42315/19]
- RTÉ Revenue (7 speeches)
34. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the additional funding outside of moneys from TV licence fees that will be given to RTÉ in 2020; and if he will...
- Climate Change Policy (7 speeches)
35. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment if he will make moneys from the just transition fund available to those affected by redundancies at Moneypoint; and if...
- Climate Action Fund (9 speeches)
36. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the amount of funding being allocated to the climate action fund. [42523/19]
- RTÉ Revenue (10 speeches)
37. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his views on the funding crisis in RTÉ in view of the failure to provide additional funding in budget 2020. [42317/19]
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- RTÉ Revenue (10 speeches)
38. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his views on whether public service broadcasting should and will include a dedicated station for culture; and if he will...
- Broadband Service Provision (9 speeches)
39. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his plans for households that are in near proximity to Eir fibre to the home or FTTH but still cannot avail of fibre at...
- Warmer Homes Scheme (7 speeches)
40. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment if the retrofitting of social housing and houses at risk of energy poverty under the expanded warmer homes scheme will...
- Prospecting Licences (7 speeches)
42. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the number of applications active in the Connemara electoral areas for either new prospecting licences or for the...
- National Broadband Plan Implementation (7 speeches)
43. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the timeline for the commencement of works on the ground under the national broadband plan; the measures contained...
- Electricity Generation (9 speeches)
44. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the engagement he has had with the CEOs of Bord na Móna and the ESB on the future of West Offaly and Lough Ree...
- Better Energy Homes Scheme Eligibility (5 speeches)
46. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment if persons who had works carried out under the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland, SEAI, better energy warmer homes...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (56 speeches)
The front page of the Irish Examinerthis morning makes for very distressing reading for families of children and adults with disabilities and special needs. The chief executive of Cope...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (85 speeches)
More than 30 Deputies have already indicated, including those carried forward from yesterday. I call Deputy Micheál Martin.
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (3 speeches)
I understand that the Government Chief Whip has a business proposal to put to the House.
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (29 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach when Cabinet committee C, European Union, including Brexit, last met; and when the Cabinet committee on Brexit, foreign and European affairs is next scheduled to meet....
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (7 speeches)
3. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on national security last met. [39947/19]
- Legislative Programme (16 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach to outline the status of Bills under preparation in his Department. [42282/19]
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Eugene Murphy and...
- Pre-European Council: Statements (19 speeches)
I will attend a meeting of the European Council this Thursday and Friday, 17 and 18 October. Following my meeting with Prime Minister Johnson last week, I am convinced that all parties want an...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Flood Risk Management (8 speeches)
I wish to address the flooding issues in County Clare, in particular the River Shannon flooding at Springfield, Clonlara, but also the flooding of the Limerick to Ennis railway track at Ballycar...
- Vacant Sites (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for selecting this Topical Issue matter and thank the Minister of State, Deputy English, for giving the time to come before the House to discuss it with me....
- IDA Ireland Portfolio (4 speeches)
Thank you, a Cheann Comhairle, for selecting this important issue. I have highlighted this issue in the House in recent years, whether through a Topical Issue matter or written or oral...
- Mental Health Services Funding (4 speeches)
This matter was originally scheduled to be taken last week to coincide with World Mental Health Day but it is appropriate that we discuss it today in light of the incredible and tragic situation...
- Road Traffic (Amendment) (Use of Electric Scooters) Bill 2019: Second Stage (38 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Family Law Bill 2019: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Family Law Bill 2019: Second Stage (16 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time". I am pleased to introduce the Family Law Bill 2019 in this House and I look forward to our discussion of its provisions. Deputies will recall...
- Family Law Bill 2019: Committee and Remaining Stages (4 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Social Welfare Bill 2019: Financial Resolution (1 speech)
I move:THAT the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 (No. 39 of 1997) be amended in the manner and to the extent specified in the Act giving effect to this Resolution to provide for the deeming of...
- Social Welfare Bill 2019 [Seanad]: Second Stage (9 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am genuinely really pleased to have an opportunity to introduce this Bill to the Dáil today. I express my sincere appreciation to...
- Social Welfare Bill 2019 [Seanad]: Committee and Remaining Stages (18 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 2, 3, 5 and 6 have been ruled out of order.