Wednesday, 28 March 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Acting Chairman (Deputy Eugene Murphy) i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (3 speeches)
I remind Members that they have 30 seconds to introduce their question, followed by two minutes for the Minister to reply and two supplementaries of one minute each.
- Syrian Conflict (7 speeches)
42. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade his views on whether the EU and the international community are doing enough to end the conflict in Syria, which has just marked its seventh...
- Brexit Negotiations (11 speeches)
43. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the Government's understanding of the goods that will be listed on annex 2.1 of the protocol attached to the European Commission draft...
- Brexit Negotiations (9 speeches)
44. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the length of time the Government is willing to let the Brexit talks proceed in 2018 without wording on the Northern Ireland Border backstop...
- UN Missions (8 speeches)
45. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade if his attention has been drawn to the growing problem of sexual abuse committed by United Nations peacekeepers on vulnerable populations; if...
- Good Friday Agreement (7 speeches)
46. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade his plans to request the British Government to convene an Intergovernmental Conference between the British and Irish Governments in respect...
- Estimates for Public Services 2018: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Business, Enterprise and Innovation has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimate for public services for the service of the year ending 31 December...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Other Questions (0 speeches)
Question No. 47 replied to with Written Answers.
- Passport Applications Administration (8 speeches)
48. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade if he will provide an update on the increased activity in passport applications; if delays are being experienced; if additional resources can...
- Northern Ireland (9 speeches)
49. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade if he has discussed the possibility of appointing an independent chair to facilitate talks in Northern Ireland. [13947/18]
- Visit of Singapore Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to his...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Other Questions (Resumed) (1 speech)
We will move on to Question No. 50 in the name of Deputy Gino Kenny.
- Human Rights (25 speeches)
50. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade his views on the Israeli ill-treatment of Palestinian children in military detention, highlighted by UNICEF as being widespread, systematic...
- Undocumented Irish in the USA (12 speeches)
51. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the progress being made regarding the status of undocumented Irish in the United States of America. [11045/18]
- Dublin-Monaghan Bombings (9 speeches)
52. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade if he will report on discussions he has had since becoming Minister with his UK counterparts regarding legacy issues, particularly regarding...
- Leaders' Questions (17 speeches)
For far too many children, Ireland has become an unresponsive, hard and cruel place in which to live. There is a fundamental lack of political prioritisation of the needs of children. Too many...
- Visit of Croatian Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with Leaders' Questions I wish, on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of the Dáil to offer a céad míle fáilte - a most sincere and warm welcome - to...
- Leaders' Questions (Resumed) (14 speeches)
I am not presuming for a second to second-guess any member of the Judiciary. This case went through the courts. The accused was found guilty. The sentence was handed down and the matter was...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (52 speeches)
I agree with Deputy Brendan Howlin that the release of the report on the Department of Justice and Equality by Michael Collins, SC, at 8.50 p.m. last evening could be misinterpreted as a desire...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (16 speeches)
This is a perennial issue, but I understand that we are now taking 16 questions in the first tranche, varying from dealing with the undocumented to a meeting with the governor of Texas. In the...
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (44 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his recent visit to the United States of America and his meeting with President Trump. [12786/18]
- European Council Meetings (29 speeches)
17. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the meeting of the EU Council on 22 and 23 March 2018. [12789/18]
- Departmental Correspondence (8 speeches)
27. To ask the Taoiseach the system used by his Department for dealing with correspondence. [12831/18]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Thomas Pringle - to...
- European Council Meeting: Statements (24 speeches)
Tá áthas orm labhairt os comhair an Dáil inniu faoi chruinniú Chomhairle an Aontais Eorpaigh a bhí ar siúl sa Bhruiséal Déardaoin agus Dé hAoine. The...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Garda Station Refurbishment (4 speeches)
I really must raise this issue again. First, I pay tribute to a very sad victim who fell into the river, or was located in the river, in Carrick-on-Suir under the district of Clonmel...
- Community Employment Schemes Eligibility (9 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this topical issue for debate because it is extremely important. I take this opportunity to acknowledge the invaluable work of the many participants on...
- Hospital Staff (8 speeches)
On 29 January last, I met the management of University Hospital Kerry. I did so after being contacted by staff members from various departments in the hospital, primarily with regard to morale...
- HPV Vaccine: Motion [Private Members] (24 speeches, 1 comment)
I move:“That Dáil Éireann:recognises that:- the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine protects young girls from developing cervical cancer when they grow up; - vaccinating pre-teen...
- Service by the Defence Forces with the United Nations in 2016: Motion (Resumed) (6 speeches)
Debate resumed on the following motion: - Minister of State at the Department of Defence (Deputy Paul Kehoe)
- Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice and Equality has concluded its consideration of the Domestic Violence Bill 2017 and has made amendments thereto.
- Revised Estimates for Public Services 2018: Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Health has concluded its consideration of the Estimate for public services for the year ending 31 December 2018 - Vote 38 (Revised). The Select Committee on Education and...
- European Union Directives: Motion (4 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann:(1) notes the agreed Report of the Joint Committee on Housing, Planning and Local Government under Standing Order 114 on the Proposal for a Directive of the...
- Childcare Support Bill 2017: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Childcare Support Bill 2017: Report and Final Stages (36 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 to 3, inclusive, and 14 are related and may be discussed together.
- Telecommunications Services (Ducting and Cables) Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Committee and Remaining Stages (3 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Industrial Development (Amendment) Bill 2018: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Industrial Development (Amendment) Bill 2018: Second Stage (29 speeches)
I move:"That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to bring the Industrial Development (Amendment) Bill 2018 before the Dáil. This short, but important Bill addresses the...
- Industrial Development (Amendment) Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Business, Enterprise and Innovation pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149(1) of the Standing Orders relative to Public Business.
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Thirty-sixth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2018, without amendment.
- Vehicle Registration Data (Automated Searching and Exchange) Bill [Seanad]: Second Stage (6 speeches)
I move:"That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I thank the Ceann Comhairle and the House for the opportunity to present this Bill here today. This is a specialised and technical Bill, which...