Tuesday, 28 February 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Visit of British Delegation (1 speech)
Before calling on Deputy Micheál Martin, I welcome the delegation from the House of Lords and the House of Commons to Dáil Éireann. Fáilte romhaibh.
- Leaders' Questions (29 speeches)
I call Deputy Micheál Martin, who has three minutes. I would appreciate it if leaders and the Taoiseach observed their three minutes.
- Visit of Estonian Delegation (1 speech)
Before we move to the Social Democrats and Green Party group, on my own behalf and that of Members of the House, I offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to His...
- Leaders' Questions (Resumed) (26 speeches)
On behalf of the Social Democrats, I extend our deepest sympathy to the family of the late former Deputy Peter Mathews. He was a popular and committed figure in the last Dáil. We all miss...
- Order of Business (3 speeches)
I call Deputy Mattie McGrath.
- Questions on Promised Legislation (155 speeches)
I remind Members that questions should relate to promised legislation or the programme for Government. Apart from party leaders, 20 Deputies have offered and I ask all to please observe the one...
- Defence Forces Service in United Nations in 2015 Report: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Order of Dáil Éireann of 14th February, 2017 referring the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the report by the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence, regarding...
- Preventive Restructuring Frameworks: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Dáil Éireann: (1) notes the agreed Report of the Joint Committee on Justice and Equality under Standing Order 114 on the Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament...
- Finance Act 2004 (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the Central Fund) Order 2017: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft:Finance Act 2004 (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the Central Fund) Order 2017copies of which have been laid in draft...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Brexit Issues (16 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the progress made and outcomes from the all-island civil dialogue on Brexit. [8420/17]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (48 speeches)
5. To ask the Taoiseach further to Parliamentary Question No. 1 of 24 January 2017, when the next meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Justice Reform will take place. [8460/17]
- EU Meetings (23 speeches)
8. To ask the Taoiseach if he has spoken to President Juncker regarding Brexit. [8461/17]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Mick Barry, Ruth...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Brexit Issues (38 speeches)
36. To ask the Minister for Finance the customs arrangements that he and his Department expect to apply between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland in the event that the United Kingdom...
- Tracker Mortgage Data (10 speeches)
37. To ask the Minister for Finance if he will work with the Central Bank to ensure a deadline is set for all customers affected by the tracker rate mortgage scandal to receive full closure of...
- Credit Unions (7 speeches)
38. To ask the Minister for Finance his views on the possibility of larger credit unions becoming involved in mortgage lending in a significant way; if his attention has been drawn to the fact...
- Mortgage Resolution Processes (22 speeches)
39. To ask the Minister for Finance the progress made in supporting families in mortgage distress; his plans to further assist persons and families in mortgage difficulty and ensure they stay in...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- State Banking Sector Regulation (24 speeches)
41. To ask the Minister for Finance if he will instruct the State backed banks including NAMA not to sell loan books to vulture funds; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [10017/17]
- Property Tax Exemptions (10 speeches)
42. To ask the Minister for Finance his plans to amend the relevant legislation such that homeowners with pyrite damage below the significant damage certification threshold which have not been...
- Brexit Issues (7 speeches)
43. To ask the Minister for Finance his Department's current entitlements regarding the way Ireland's contributions to, and funding supports from, the European Union will change following Brexit;...
- Employment Rights (10 speeches)
44. To ask the Minister for Finance when the results of the consultation process concerning the impact of bogus self-employment arrangements will be published; and if he will make a statement on...
- Mortgage Interest Relief Application (8 speeches)
45. To ask the Minister for Finance if a person has lost their mortgage interest relief, MIR, due to falling into arrears with their mortgage, however has subsequently resumed paying their...
- State Banking Sector (9 speeches)
46. To ask the Minister for Finance his plans to privatise the State's shares in the banking sector; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [10025/17]
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Industrial Disputes (56 speeches)
I require the House's approval as the Minister of State is anxious at the outset to make a one minute statement and to update the House on the current situation but I can only do this with the...
- Knowledge Development Box (Certification of Inventions) Bill 2016 [Seanad]: Second Stage (14 speeches)
I move: “That the Bill be now read a Second Time.” I am pleased to present the Knowledge Development Box (Certification of Inventions) Bill 2016 to the House for consideration. The...
- Competition (Amendment) Bill 2016 [Seanad]: Second Stage [Private Members] (16 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I wish to share time with Deputy Joan Burton.
- Competition (Amendment) Bill 2016 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141.