Wednesday, 1 February 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Acting Chairman (Deputy Jim Daly) i gceannas ar 10.00 a.m.
- Establishment of a Commission of Inquiry into the National Asset Management Agency: Statements (45 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to speak again on this matter. In September last year the Comptroller and Auditor General published a value for money report on the Project Eagle sales process. As we...
- Leaders' Questions (36 speeches)
I want to raise a very serious issue with the Taoiseach which, on reflection, could represent a serious scandal. It involves an unacceptable response by the State regarding exposure to dangerous...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (54 speeches)
The programme for Government includes significant commitments on social housing in particular, for example, a commitment to the delivery of more than 3,300 social houses in 2017. The delivery...
- Sentencing Council Bill 2017: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to establish a Sentencing Council and to provide for related matters. Sinn Féin has long called for the introduction of such...
- Electricity (Supply) (Amendment) Bill 2017: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to reduce restrictions on the power of the Electricity Supply Board to carry out works concerning the levels on the Shannon Lakes...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Fergus O'Dowd - the...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (26 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach when the last meeting of the Cabinet Committee on European Affairs was held; and when the next meeting is scheduled. [2760/17]
- World Economic Forum (45 speeches)
2. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos. [2758/17]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (12 speeches)
9. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on housing last met. [3067/17]
- Priority Questions (1 speech)
Deputy Kelleher is not in the Chamber so we will move onto Question No. 28.
- Nursing Staff Recruitment (9 speeches)
28. To ask the Minister for Health the steps that have been taken to implement the recommendations of an expert group report in August 2016 which called for additional nursing posts to be created...
- Health Services Funding (7 speeches)
27. To ask the Minister for Health his views on whether the €9 million additional funding for the expansion of existing services or the provision of new services in acute hospitals is...
- Sale of State Assets (7 speeches)
29. To ask the Minister for Health the plans in place for the sale of a hospital (details supplied); if the funds raised by the sale will be used for improving mental health services; and if he...
- Health Services Funding (7 speeches)
30. To ask the Minister for Health if, in view of the record number of acutely ill persons waiting on trolleys in emergency departments in January 2017 and the threat of strike action by nurses...
- Home Care Packages Provision (7 speeches)
31. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to introduce a home care scheme along the lines of the nursing home support scheme; when the consultation will start; when he expects to have a scheme...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Hospitals Funding (29 speeches)
32. To ask the Minister for Health his plans for Our Lady's Hospital in Cashel in view of the volume of capital investment in the facility. [4409/17]
- HSE Expenditure (7 speeches)
33. To ask the Minister for Health the total subventions paid from the public HSE budget to general practitioners by supplement for employment of staff; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Long-Term Illness Scheme Coverage (19 speeches)
34. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to include Crohn's disease on the list of long-term illness scheme; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [4627/17]
- Health Services Data (12 speeches)
41. To ask the Minister for Health the number of elective surgeries cancelled in each month to January 2017 inclusive; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [4549/17]
- Home Help Service Provision (7 speeches)
37. To ask the Minister for Health the reason for the delay in providing home care services in County Meath [4361/17]
- National Children's Hospital Location (8 speeches)
40. To ask the Minister for Health his views on the consistent objections being raised to the location of the new national children’s hospital; and if he will make a statement on the...
- General Medical Services Scheme (9 speeches)
35. To ask the Minister for Health the action that will be taken by the HSE to address a now common practice whereby general practitioners are charging GMS patients for diagnostic and routine...
- National Treatment Purchase Fund Data (5 speeches)
36. To ask the Minister for Health if the relaunched NTPF will provide data relating to the number, type and value of services and surgeries commissioned from the private sector; the cost and...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Rent Controls (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Simon Coveney, to discuss this important issue. I absolutely support his initiatives on housing. They are excellent, first class and well thought out, and the...
- Hospital Services (18 speeches)
Before we start, can the Acting Chairman inform the House as to why the Minister for Health is not present? This is a serious issue for cancer patients in Donegal who have been denied treatments...
- National Children's Hospital (9 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this important topic today. I am disappointed the Minister, Deputy Harris, is not present but I say that with no disrespect to the Minister of State,...
- Architectural Heritage (11 speeches)
I point out to Deputies Burton and Gino Kenny that as they are dividing their time I will be strict in allocating two minutes each initially. They will have a second opportunity of one minute each.
- Roads Funding: Motion [Private Members] (63 speeches)
I move:"That Dáil Éireann:notes:— that there are almost 91,000 kilometres of regional and local roads in Ireland, which account for 94 per cent of the country’s roads...
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2015 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2015 [Seanad]: Report Stage (80 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 52 to 55, inclusive, are related and may be discussed together.