Tuesday, 21 February 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.00 p.m.
- Leaders' Questions (84 speeches)
The most recent figures from Focus Ireland show an extraordinary crisis in homelessness and in the lack of housing in Ireland. They show 7,167 people are homeless in Ireland as nationally 4,760...
- Order of Business (11 speeches)
I call the Minister of State, Deputy Regina Doherty, to announce the announce the Order of Business for the week.
- Questions on Promised Legislation (82 speeches)
I am sure the Taoiseach will agree that central to the implementation of the programme for Government is that a Government be in place. Deputy Enda Kenny was elected as Taoiseach last May, which...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Healy-Rae -...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Gaeltacht Policy (40 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet Committee on Arts, Irish and the Gaeltacht last met. [5893/17]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (37 speeches)
5. To ask the Taoiseach if the Cabinet Committee on Housing has met recently. [7028/17]
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (14 speeches)
9. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his meeting with Prime Minister Beata Szydło in Warsaw, Poland. [7046/17]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Poverty Data (16 speeches)
Deputy Brady would like to raise a point of order.
- School Meals Programme (8 speeches)
27. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the amount his Department spends annually on the school meals programme; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8703/17]
- Labour Activation Projects (7 speeches)
28. To ask the Minister for Social Protection if he will clarify recent media reports which suggested that a number of activation programmes will close; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Legislative Programme (13 speeches)
30. To ask the Minister for Social Protection when the heads of the proposed social welfare and pensions Bill will be published; and if it will include measures to protect defined benefit pension...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Question No. 31 replied to with Written Answers.
- Departmental Staff Training (7 speeches)
32. To ask the Minister for Social Protection if he will ensure that all of his staff, departmental staff and all civil servants who fall under his Department undertake training with respect to...
- Poverty Data (29 speeches)
33. To ask the Minister for Social Protection if he will report on the findings of the survey on income and living conditions, SILC, report; if he will make changes to the one-parent family...
- Jobseeker's Allowance (12 speeches)
34. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the number of persons of 65 years of age who are in receipt of jobseeker's allowance and jobseeker's benefit; the steps being taken to resolve the...
- State Pensions Payments (13 speeches)
35. To ask the Minister for Social Protection if he will provide a detailed report on the impact of the changes to contribution requirements for the State contributory pension made over the...
- State Pensions Reform (8 speeches)
36. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the measures he is taking to gender-proof any changes to the State pension schemes; his views on a universal state pension; and if he will make a...
- Rural Social Scheme (9 speeches)
37. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the uptake to date on the new rural social scheme, RSS, places announced in budget 2017; and his plans to amend the terms of the scheme to open it to...
- JobPath Implementation (10 speeches)
38. To ask the Minister for Social Protection his views on whether the best interests of jobseekers are advanced by allowing JobPath operators the right to stop jobseekers from accepting...
- Homemakers Scheme (5 speeches)
40. To ask the Minister for Social Protection when he expects to have his report on the changes to the homemaker's credit that he committed to in the course of the Social Welfare Bill 2016; and...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- National Parks (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for choosing this Topical Issue because it is very important. I want to acknowledge that the Minister of State, Deputy Ring, is a Trojan worker in his Department and...
- Passport Services (4 speeches)
The number of people living in Northern Ireland seeking Irish passports has increased by more than a third over the past year. This is according to figures I obtained from the Minister's office....
- Veterinary Inspection Service (9 speeches)
There is considerable confusion at the moment. In 2015 a review of veterinary laboratories was carried out. Ongoing reviews are under way in Sligo, Athlone and other parts of the country....
- Greyhound Industry (14 speeches)
Earlier this month the gates of Harold's Cross greyhound stadium were locked, the traps and other equipment were removed, and after almost 90 years greyhound racing in Harold's Cross came to an...
- National Famine Commemoration Day Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (17 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I propose to share my time with Deputy Neville. As Members of the House will be aware, the National Famine Commemoration Day was...
- National Famine Commemoration Day Bill 2017: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Arts Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141.
- Communications Regulation (Postal Services) (Amendment) Bill 2016: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Communications Regulation (Postal Services) (Amendment) Bill 2016: Report Stage (10 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 2 are related and may be discussed together by agreement.
- Public Services and Procurement (Social Value) Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (75 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Public Service and Procurement (Social Value) Bill 2017: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141 of the Standing Orders relative to Public Business.