Wednesday, 13 May 2015
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Employment Data (7 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation his views on the most recent EUROSTAT figures that show that 128,000 persons, 7% of the labour market aged 15 to 74 years working here,...
- Competition Authority Investigations (7 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation when he was notified by the Competition Authority of the proposed acquisition of Siteserv by Millington Limited; and if details of the...
- Waste Management Regulations (7 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation the progress of the investigation into the need for regulation in the waste management industry. [18466/15]
- Action Plan for Jobs (8 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation his views on the disparity in job creation in spreading a balanced recovery to all regions, considering the Western Development...
- Employment Rights (7 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation his plans to introduce legislation to outlaw zero hours and minimum hour contracts. [18469/15]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Regional Development (7 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation the steps he is taking to support enterprise development in the midlands and western regions; and if he will make a statement on the...
- National Minimum Wage (7 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation his views on the living wage, and that the introduction of a living wage of at least €11.45 per hour is essential to begin to...
- Job Losses (7 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation if he will report on the status of the inter-agency group set up to deal with the proposed job losses in Mondelez-Cadbury in Coolock,...
- Workplace Relations Services (7 speeches)
9. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation the progress made in the reorganisation of the Employment Appeals Tribunal; the issues that have arisen from the reformed structure; and...
- Job Creation (7 speeches)
10. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation his plans to create more manufacturing jobs; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [18349/15]
- Research and Development Funding (11 speeches)
11. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation further to Parliamentary Question No. 335 of 21 April 2015, if oriented basic research is counted, along with pure basic research,...
- Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality has completed its consideration of the Criminal Justice (Terrorist Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2014 and has made no amendments thereto.
- Workplace Relations Bill 2014: From the Seanad (Resumed) (34 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to resume consideration of amendments from the Seanad.
- Customs Bill 2014: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Customs Bill 2014: Report and Final Stages (1 speech)
I move amendment No. 1:In page 37, line 26, to delete “Commissioners” and substitute “Minister”.The Customs Bill 2014 was published on 3 October 2014. The purpose of...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Shane Ross - the reason...
- Leaders' Questions (67 speeches)
First, I raise the matter of the death of a baby in Cavan General Hospital which was reported this morning. I extend my sincere sympathy to the family involved and hope the review under way will...
- Order of Business (292 speeches)
A Cheann Comhairle-----
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Banking Sector (13 speeches)
Approximately two weeks ago, I attended in succession the AIB and Bank of Ireland AGMs, as a shareholder in one case, I should declare, and as a proxy in the other. They followed a similar...
- Domestic Violence Refuges (4 speeches)
I understand that the Minister for Health is engaged in the other House but I want to bring to his attention, as I am sure does the Minister of State, Deputy Dara Murphy, the plight of Cuan...
- Drugs Payment Scheme Coverage (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for selecting this matter for the Topical Issue debate and I thank the Minister of State for being present to take it. When it was selected I had a...
- HSE Investigations (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. While I am sorry the Minister for Health, Deputy Leo Varadkar, is not present, I understand the reason for his absence. It is very regrettable that I have to...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Sub-Committee on Health has completed its consideration of the Health (General Practice Service) Bill 2015 and has made no amendments thereto.
- Independent Planning Regulator: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (28 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Brian Stanley on Tuesday, 12 May 2015:That Dáil Éireann:notes the continuing failure of the Government to legislate on the recommendations of...