Tuesday, 8 October 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Acting Chairman (Deputy Jerry Buttimer) i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Pupil-Teacher Ratio (14 speeches)
57. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if he will ensure that there will be no increase in class sizes or the pupil teacher ratio in budget 2014; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Bullying in Schools (6 speeches)
58. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the reasons circular 045/2013 has not been placed on a statutory footing. [42470/13]
- School Staffing (10 speeches)
59. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if he will review the current guidance counselling provision in post-primary schools given that a recent research survey and audit established...
- Special Educational Needs Services Provision (7 speeches)
60. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if he is satisfied that the resource teaching hours for special needs students in 2013-14 will be adequate to meet demand; and if he will make a...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Special Educational Needs Services Provision (12 speeches)
62. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the number of application for special needs support that were received prior to the 20 September deadline; the number that were received...
- Legislative Programme (6 speeches)
63. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the cost of implementing the unimplemented aspects of the Education for Persons with Special Educational Needs Act. [42203/13]
- FÁS Training Programmes Provision (6 speeches)
64. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if control procedures are in place to monitor and measure the quality and effectiveness of courses being provided by private educational...
- Universities Global Rankings (7 speeches)
65. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills to offer his assessment of Ireland's standing in university ratings; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [42252/13]
- Cross-Border Educational Provision (7 speeches)
66. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills his plans to encourage cross-border studying. [42205/13]
- Residential Institutions Statutory Fund Board (8 speeches)
67. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills when the Residential Institutions Statutory Fund Board will have its terms of reference for allocation of funds to survivors finalised; the...
- Special Educational Needs Services Provision (8 speeches)
68. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if the progress report from the National Council for Special Education-appointed working group, tasked with developing a new model for the...
- School Enrolments (4 speeches)
69. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if he will identify the schools that will be eligible to apply for a derogation pursuant to regulation 15 of the Education Acts 1998 and 2013,...
- Leaders' Questions (74 speeches)
When the people spoke last Friday, they rejected the Taoiseach's proposal to abolish Seanad Éireann. In his own words, they gave him one hell of a wallop. I put it to the Taoiseach that he...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (1 speech)
If we could have some order, we will proceed to Question No. 1.
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (65 speeches, 1 comment)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the number of occasions on which the Cabinet sub-committee on mortgage arrears has met since the beginning for the summer recess. [39064/13]
- Economic Management Council Meetings (104 speeches)
2. To ask the Taoiseach the number of occasions on which the Economic Management Council is scheduled to meet in advance of Budget 2014. [39070/13]
- Order of Business (92 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 9, motion re membership of committee, and No. 2, Forestry Bill 2013 - Order for Second Stage and Second Stage. It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing...
- Membership of Joint Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Deputy Michael Conaghan be discharged from the Joint Committee on Public Service Oversight and Petitions and that Deputy Jack Wall be appointed in substitution for him.
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Ambulance Service Provision (4 speeches)
I am raising the issue of ambulance services in County Meath again. I believe the problems in the county are replicated in other parts of the country. A number of years ago, County Meath was...
- Non-Consultant Hospital Doctors Working Conditions (8 speeches)
No one in this House or outside it likes to see people in our hospitals involved in industrial action. In making my points, I know that I will receive a historical lecture about why we are where...
- Dáil Reform (19 speeches)
I commend the Taoiseach on fulfilling his promise to Fine Gael and the people prior to the last election that he would afford them the opportunity to express their views in a referendum on the...
- Forestry Bill 2013: Order for Second Stage (1 speech, 1 comment)
Bill entitled an Act to make further and better provision in relation to forestry; to provide for the development and promotion of forestry in a manner that maximises the economic, environmental...
- Forestry Bill 2013: Second Stage (4 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to have the opportunity to introduce the Forestry Bill 2013 and look forward to Members' constructive discussion and comment on...
- Discretionary Medical Cards: Motion [Private Members] (31 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: notes that: - the number of discretionary medical cards fell from 80,524 at the start of 2011 to 63,126 at the end of 2012; - in the first seven months of...