Thursday, 28 February 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (36 speeches)
Today's edition of The Irish Times carries a report of a letter that the chief executive of the Health and Safety Authority has been forced to write to the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and...
- Order of Business (51 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 37, Public Health (Tobacco) (Amendment) Bill 2013 - Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; No. 38 - Electoral (Amendment) (Dáil Constituencies) Bill 2012 -...
- Public Health (Tobacco) (Amendment) Bill 2013: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Public Health (Tobacco) (Amendment) Bill 2013: Report and Final Stages (8 speeches)
As there are no amendments on Report Stage, we will proceed to Fifth Stage.
- Electoral (Amendment) (Dáil Constituencies) Bill 2012: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Electoral (Amendment) (Dáil Constituencies) Bill 2012: Report and Final Stages (28 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1:In page 11, column 1, line 11, after “West” to insert “-Mayo South”.Mar is eol don Aire, d'ardaigh mé an cheist seo ar Chéim an...
- Further Education and Training Bill 2013: Second Stage (Resumed) (34 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Further Education and Training Bill 2013: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select sub-Committee on Education and Skills pursuant to Standing Orders 82A(3)(a) and (6)(a) and 126(1) of the Standing Orders relative to Public Business.
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Dara Calleary - the...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Wind Energy Generation (17 speeches)
I am in favour of renewable energy and wind farms but I am also conscious of the needs of local communities. I, therefore, wish to call on the Minister to ensure that local democracy will be...
- Post Office Network (4 speeches)
I am sure the Minister is well aware that keeping small institutions open in small villages is becoming a challenge. There is an ideology driving much of government thinking in the developed...
- Unfinished Housing Developments (4 speeches)
As we all know, the collapse of the building industry and the banking crisis left many unfinished housing developments through the country. The importance of the placement of appropriate...
- EU-IMF Programme (6 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Brian Hayes, for taking the debate. The Minister of State may know that I have been raising this issue for some time through parliamentary questions and...
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Budget Targets (10 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Finance in the context of the circa €1 billion improvement in the general Government balance as a result of the deal on the promissory notes and provided all other...
- Mortgage Interest Rates (14 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Finance his views on the raising of interest rates by AIB on variable rates mortgages; if he will call on the bank to explain their decision and let them know it is...
- Income Statistics (6 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Finance noting that in the course of a reply to Deputy Boyd-Barrett, Dáil Report of 3 October 2012, he provided data for year 2012 on the incomes of the top 10,000,...
- Local Property Tax (14 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Finance if he will review the plans for the implementation of the local property tax to take ability to pay into account in view of the problems in the economy including...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Banks Recapitalisation (20 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Finance his views on the impact on Ireland's prospect for attaining ESM investment in the pillar banks of the proposals under consideration by eurozone finance ministers...
- Mortgage Restructing (9 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Finance the steps being taken to address mortgage restructuring by the financial institutions; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [10492/13]
- Mortgage Interest Rates (7 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Finance his views on whether it would help labour market mobility and the overall health of the economy if the covered banks were to allow borrowers who are moving home to...
- Job Creation Targets (7 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Finance noting that NERI estimate that Budget 2013 will reduce GDP by 2.1% and cost between 25,000 and 35,000 jobs, the way austerity can lead to job creation. [3191/13]