Wednesday, 7 November 2012
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (114 speeches)
I take this opportunity, on my behalf and that of my party, to congratulate President Obama on his success in the US presidential elections. He and the United States have been good friends to...
- Order of Business (63 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 16a, motion re membership of committee; No. 16b, Animal Health and Welfare Bill 2012 Seanad - financial resolution; and No. 21, Personal Insolvency Bill 2012 - Report...
- Membership of Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Deputy Michael Creed be discharged from the Select Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality and that Deputy Marcella Corcoran Kennedy be appointed in substitution for him.
- Animal Health and Welfare Bill 2012 [Seanad] - Financial Resolution: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That provision be made in the Act giving effect to this Resolution for the payment of a levy as respects- (a) milk received for processing, (b) an animal slaughtered in an establishment,...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael McCarthy - the...
- Personal Insolvency Bill: Report Stage (Resumed) (176 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 26: In page 27, to delete line 32 and substitute the following:“(I) is appropriate to the needs of the debtor or the debtor’s family,”. ...
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Defence Forces Reorganisation (6 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Defence if he shares the concern expressed in some quarters that the changes in the Defence Forces could threaten the security of the State; and if he will make a...
- Defence Forces Reserve (6 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Defence his views on the future role of the Reserve Defence Forces [48756/12]
- Army Barracks (14 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Defence the progress that has been made in arranging an alternative use for the former Kickham Barracks site in Clonmel, County Tipperary; if he has examined the option of...
- Ombudsman for the Defence Forces (17 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Defence the reason the Office of Defence Ombudsman has been downgraded; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48826/12]
- Other Questions (1 speech)
We move on to other questions with six minutes per question.
- Defence Forces Reorganisation (27 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Defence his response to claims by the outgoing President of PDFORRA at its recent conference that, because of cutbacks, the Defence Forces are not fit for purpose; and if...
- Public Sector Pay (5 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Defence if he will give an undertaking to maintain the border allowance for those Defence Forces personnel currently in receipt of it; and if he will make a statement on...
- Irish Red Cross (4 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Defence if he will provide an update on the situation with regard to the governance of the Red Cross; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48504/12]
- Defence Forces Veterans Associations (9 speeches)
To ask the Minister for Defence if he envisages any support being provided from his Department for the Organisation of National Ex-Servicemen and Women in view of the assistance the organisation...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Cyberbullying (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for allowing me to raise this issue, which I was prompted to do by the tragic events of recent weeks. Any future action in this area is already too late for...
- Courts Service (6 speeches)
I thank the Office of the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this issue and thank the Minister for his attendance in the Chamber. While this issue may be a little more parochial than the previous...
- Teaching Qualifications (6 speeches)
I am optimistic this issue is an oversight or an anomaly that the Government can rectify. It should not cost money to do so, which should provide some relief, as it is simply a matter of trying...
- School Accommodation (8 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me the time to discuss this very important issue in regard to an application by Lanesboro community college, Lanesboro, County Longford, for additional...
- Personal Insolvency Bill 2012: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (136 speeches)
I move amendment No. 131:In page 75, line 2, to delete “3 years” and substitute “2 years”.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality has completed its consideration of the Europol Bill 2012 and has made amendments thereto.
- Estimates for Public Services 2012: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality has completed its consideration of the following Supplementary Estimate for public services for the year ending 31 December 2012: Vote 35...
- Pensions and Retirement Lump Sums: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (112 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Mattie McGrath on Tuesday, 6 November 2012:That Dáil Éireann: in view of the Government’s:— exhortations to Irish citizens to...
- Visit of Papal Nuncio (1 speech)
I have the honour to extend a warm welcome to His Excellency, Archbishop Charles Brown, papal nuncio to Ireland, who joins us in the Distinguished Visitors Gallery this evening.