Thursday, 31 March 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on the Deputies in the order in which their notices were received.
- Order of Business (60 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 6b, election of Leas-Cheann Comhairle; No. 7, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Finance Act 2004 (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the Central...
- Election of Leas-Cheann Comhairle (1 speech)
I move: That Deputy Michael P. Kitt be elected Leas-Cheann Comhairle.
- Finance Act 2004 (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the Central Fund): Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Finance Act 2004 (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the Central Fund) Order 2011, copies of which have been laid in draft form...
- International Agreements: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of...
- Conduct of Member: Motion (8 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: notes the Final Report of the Moriarty tribunal; believes that the conduct of Deputy Michael Lowry set out in the tribunal's report was completely unacceptable for a...
- Communications Regulation (Postal Services) Bill 2010 [Seanad]: Second Stage (23 speeches, 1 comment)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to present this Bill for the consideration of the House. The Communications Regulation (Postal Services) Bill is the first piece...
- Declaration by Leas-Cheann Comhairle (2 speeches)
As this is the first occasion on which I have taken the Chair since my election, I must perform my first official duty as Leas-Cheann Comhairle. In accordance with Standing Order 9 of the...
- Making Committees Work in the 31st Dáil: Statements (28 speeches)
We are at a critical juncture in our history and our democracy. The scale and depth of the crisis that has engulfed our State has undermined confidence in our public institutions. The political...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Richard Boyd Barrett —...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Air Services (4 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport the position regarding the discussions he has had with companies (details supplied) regarding increasing the number of routes into...
- Tourism Promotion (4 speeches, 1 comment)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport in order to boost tourism in east Cork and to create tourism related jobs, if he will support initiatives including the reopening...
- Sports Capital Programme (10 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Tourism; Culture and Sport his plans to publish the national sports facilities strategy document. [6348/11]
- Arts Strategy (6 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport his plans to support the arts at community level. [6337/11]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- National Commemorative Programmes (4 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport if he will elaborate on the programme for Government commitment to develop a cultural plan for future commemorative events; and if...
- Tourism Promotion (18 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport the action he is taking to alleviate the downward trend in tourism figures; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6151/11]
- Tourism Industry (3 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport his views on the overlap of activity between Tourism Ireland and Fáilte Ireland, with a view to ensuring the maximum return from...
- Banks Recapitalisation and Restructuring: Statements (82 speeches)
Before calling on the Minister for Finance, on behalf of the Members of the House I welcome the practice that the Minister has come to the House to make an announcement.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Census of Population (4 speeches)
I wish to express the strongest concern about CACI (UK) Limited, the company administering the census under way in the State. A census gathers comprehensive sensitive and personal information...
- Urban Renewal Schemes (2 speeches)
This matter is not unrelated to the debate earlier because NAMA was created to pick up the pieces from the bad debts created during the property speculation, the property bubble and the banks. I...