Wednesday, 30 March 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (61 speeches)
During yesterday's statements on the Moriarty tribunal, the Taoiseach spoke for half an hour and during that time he managed many attacks on Fianna Fáil but he did not make a single statement...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Sub-Committees (15 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the Cabinet sub-committees which he has established. [5741/11]
- Social Partnership (23 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Taoiseach his plans to re-establish the social partnership process; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [5743/11]
- Official Engagements (28 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his visit to the United States on the occasion of St Patrick's Day 2011 [5795/11]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (7 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I call Deputy Ó Snodaigh followed by Deputy Niall Collins.
- Order of Business (44 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 6a, motion re Standing Orders 39, 120 and 121; and No. 10, statements in relation to the Moriarty tribunal report (resumed). It is proposed, notwithstanding anything...
- Standing Orders: Motion (1 speech)
I move: "That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, until further notice in the 31st Dáil, the Standing Orders of Dáil Éireann relative to Public Business are hereby amended as...
- Moriarty Tribunal Report: Statements (Resumed) (18 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputies Eoghan Murphy and Mary Mitchell O'Connor.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Family and Child Income Supports
- Family and Child Income Supports (6 speeches)
Question 19: To ask the Minister for Social Protection if she will elaborate on the commitment in the Programme for Government to examine family and child income supports and if all cuts in...
- Habitual Residency Regulations (5 speeches)
Question 20: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the changes she will make to the operation of the habitual residency rule which is acting as a barrier for many returning emigrants, and...
- Family Support Services (9 speeches)
Question 21: To ask the Minister for Social Protection when she intends to reverse the cuts in carer's allowance implemented by the previous Government; and if she will make a statement on the...
- Social Welfare Appeals (6 speeches)
Question 22: To ask the Minister for Social Protection her plans in relation to the commitment in the Programme for Government to divert staff from elsewhere in the public service to clear the...
- Social Welfare Code (6 speeches)
Question 23: To ask the Minister for Social Protection if she will reverse the cut of 4% to the so called working age social welfare rates and the cut to child benefit introduced by the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Code
- Social Welfare Code (4 speeches)
Question 24: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the steps she will take to rectify the anomalous situation whereby the spouses of persons in receipt of disability allowance are not...
- Departmental Offices (4 speeches)
Question 25: To ask the Minister for Social Protection if there is any planned changes to the locations of local social welfare offices; if she has satisfied herself that considerations of ease...
- Social Welfare Code (4 speeches)
Question 26: To ask the Minister for Social Protection if she will maintain the age of eligibility for the disability allowance at 16 [6008/11]
- Child Support (9 speeches)
Question 27: To ask the Minister for Social Protection her plans to reform the rules governing child benefit specifically as regards to non-resident children; and if she will make a statement...
- Social Welfare Appeals (4 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the current average and longest waiting times for social welfare appeals against refusals under the various schemes [6010/11]
- Employment Rights (5 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Social Protection if she has explored the possibility of recouping the cost from guilty employers of social welfare payments made to persons during the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Tom Fleming - the need to...
- Moriarty Tribunal Report: Statements (Resumed) (232 speeches)
I call Deputy Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin who I understand is sharing time with Deputies Mary Lou McDonald and Peadar Tóibín.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Universal Service Charge: Motion (Resumed) (61 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Pearse Doherty on Tuesday, 29 March 2011:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- School Staffing (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me the opportunity to raise this serious matter on behalf of some of the weakest people in society. While the issue relates to people in my...
- School Enrolments (2 speeches)
I thank the office of the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise the matter this evening and I also thank the Minister for coming in to respond. I live in Midleton in east Cork. The county...
- Tax Code (2 speeches)
I thank the office of the Ceann Comhairle for facilitating this motion today and I thank the Minister, Deputy Bruton for coming to the House to take it. Rebalancing the Northern Ireland Economy...
- Air Services to County Kerry (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to bring the issue of Kerry Airport before the House. I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Ring, for being present to address it. Continuation of...