Thursday, 20 January 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32. (7 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (310 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 19, Communications Regulation (Postal Services) Bill 2010 [Seanad] - Second Stage (resumed); and No. 4 - Environment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2011 - Order for...
- Termination of Ministerial Appointments: Announcement by Taoiseach (32 speeches)
I wish to announce for the information of the House that the President, acting on my advice, has accepted the resignations of Deputies Mary Harney, Noel Dempsey, Dermot Ahern, Batt O'Keeffe and...
- Communications Regulation (Postal Services) Bill 2010 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (47 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Overseas Development Aid
- Overseas Development Aid (8 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his views regarding the apparent lack of progress being made to deal with the many difficulties existing after the earthquake disaster in...
- EU Free Trade Agreements (6 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the monitoring and implementation measures that will prevail in support of any human rights clauses which may be imposed as conditions in any...
- International Fund for Ireland (6 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the future of the International Fund for Ireland; if his attention has been drawn to any attempts in the United States to wind up this fund;...
- Human Rights Issues (8 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs further to recent revelations from leaked US Cables which indicate that the Government misled the public in relation to the use of Shannon...
- Foreign Conflicts (8 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the up to date efforts to restart peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian authority and if the EU have any plans to assist with...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Foreign Conflicts (30 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the view that he and other Ministers of the European Union hold in relation to the recent loss of life at demonstrations of students and...
- Middle East Peace Process (8 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if his attention has been drawn to a report produced by the Palestine Section of Defence for Children International entitled Under Attack:...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Alan Shatter - new...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Consultancy Contracts (10 speeches)
With the agreement of the House I will go ahead of Deputy Deenihan, who will be with us in a few moments. I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue, which is of some...
- School Accommodation (4 speeches)
Mercy Secondary School, Mounthawk, Tralee, is the largest voluntary secondary school in the country with just under 1,200 pupils. It was opened in 2001, a result of the amalgamation of...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Bretton Woods Agreements (Amendment) Bill 2011 and the Communications (Retention of Data) Bill 2009, without amendment.
- Adjournment Debate (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Health Services (2 speeches)
The matter I wish to raise relates to the north west radiotherapy centre that was due to be built in Altnagelvin. Construction was due to be completed in 2015. The people of the north west,...
- EU Habitats Directive (2 speeches)
It is ironic that I rise possibly for the last time on the Adjournment on a matter I have probably raised more often in this House than any other Deputy, namely, the effect of the EU habitats...