Wednesday, 19 January 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Termination of Ministerial Appointment: Announcement by Taoiseach (110 speeches)
I wish to announce for the information of the Dáil that the President, on my advice, today accepted the resignation of Deputy Micheál Martin as a member of the Government. Pursuant to section...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Official Engagements (44 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will make a statement on the outcome of the EU summit in Brussels on 16 and 17 December 2010 [48343/10]
- Requests to move Adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32 (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (104 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 18, statements on European Council, Brussels; and No. 3, the Bretton Woods Agreements (Amendment) Bill 2011 - Order for Second Stage, Second and Remaining Stages. It...
- European Council Meeting: Statements (34 speeches)
I call on the Taoiseach to make a statement under Standing Order 43. Statements shall be confined to the Taoiseach and the main spokespersons for Fine Gael, the Labour Party and the Technical...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Job Creation (11 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Minister for Enterprise; Trade and Innovation if he has satisfied himself that the measures in place to counter youth unemployment and emigration are adequate; and if...
- Loan Guarantee Scheme (6 speeches)
Question 56: To ask the Minister for Enterprise; Trade and Innovation when the proposed loan guarantee scheme for viable small businesses will be established; the criteria that will be used...
- Enterprise Support Services (9 speeches)
Question 57: To ask the Minister for Enterprise; Trade and Innovation if he has satisfied himself that the existing examinership process is an effective instrument for protecting viable small...
- Job Creation (8 speeches)
Question 58: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Innovation his plans for additional job creation measures having regard to the increase of more than 12,000 in the live register...
- Small Business Sector (58 speeches)
Question 59: To ask the Minister for Enterprise; Trade and Innovation if he has satisfied himself with the level of support for micro, small and start up businesses in relation to job...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Departmental Strategy Statements
- Departmental Strategy Statements (23 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Minister for Enterprise; Trade and Innovation if he has set new goals for his Department in the strategy statement due to be completed in September 2010; the reason he...
- SME Sector (24 speeches)
Question 61: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Innovation the steps he has taken to ensure that capital is available to medium and small industries to retain jobs and expand...
- Insurance Industry (15 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Minister for Enterprise; Trade and Innovation if he has had discussions on the future of Quinn Insurance [2590/11]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Tom Sheahan - the reason...
- Bretton Woods Agreements (Amendment) Bill 2011: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to make provision for acceptance by the Government of certain amendments of the Articles of Agreement of the International Monetary Fund approved by the Board of Governors of...
- Bretton Woods Agreements (Amendment) Bill 2011: Second Stage (58 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I thank the House for agreeing to discuss this Bill today at short notice. The Bill is needed to allow the State to accept amendments to the...
- Bretton Woods Agreements (Amendment) Bill 2011: Committee and Remaining Stages (17 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Health Care Services: Motion (112 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy James Reilly on Tuesday, 18 January 2011:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Regional Road Network (2 speeches)
I appreciate the response given to some of my colleagues by the Minister for Transport in the House yesterday, indicating that he would be flexible or allow discretion to local authorities in the...
- Water Services (2 speeches)
What funding will the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government provide to upgrade the water services infrastructure in the Cork area? The severe weather experienced during...
- Grant Payments (2 speeches)
When I originally submitted this matter for consideration to be raised on the Adjournment, it related to the reason for the delay in the payment of REPs and payments - namely, the payment of the...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes (2 speeches)
The Fethard and Burncourt water schemes have been on the political agenda since 1979. In the case of Burncourt, substantial funding was approved in 1988 and funding has also been approved for...