Wednesday, 15 December 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (62 speeches)
Information given to Deputy O'Dowd through a series of parliamentary questions indicates a bonus culture exists within elements of State agencies and some Departments. This creates an enormous...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Bodies (7 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will make a statement on the recent work of the working groups chaired by his Department [45951/10]
- Social Partnership Issues (33 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Taoiseach when he next plans to meet the social partners; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [45953/10]
- EU Summits (22 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach if the agenda for the December meeting of the European Council has been finalised; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [46013/10]
- Tribunals of Inquiry (10 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Taoiseach the cost accrued to his Department during November in respect of the Moriarty Tribunal; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [46016/10]
- Requests to move Adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my...
- Order of Business (164 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 9c, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the EU-IMF Programme of Financial Support to Ireland; No. a5, Credit Institutions (Stabilisation) Bill 2010 - Order...
- EU-IMF Programme of Financial Support: Motion (156 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the agreements detailed below, copies of which were laid before Dáil Éireann on 14 December 2010, and in particular, the Memorandum of Economic...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Irish Red Cross
- Irish Red Cross (15 speeches)
Question 19: To ask the Minister for Defence the progress that has been made in reforming the Irish Red Cross; the contact he continues to have with the IRC officials in relation to governance...
- Overseas Missions (6 speeches)
Question 20: To ask the Minister for Defence the impact the reduction in provision for allowances for overseas deployment, as outlined in Budget 2011, will have on the capacity of the Defence...
- Defence Forces Strength (6 speeches)
Question 21: To ask the Minister for Defence the progress made by him and the military authorities in relation to the necessary structural and rank changes to the Permanent Defence Forces to...
- Defence Forces Recruitment (8 speeches)
Question 23: To ask the Minister for Defence the current strength of the Reserve Defence Forces; the numbers recruited to the RDF since January 2009; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Personnel
- Defence Forces Personnel (9 speeches)
Question 24: To ask the Minister for Defence the outcome of the investigation being carried out by the Defence Forces into allegations that members may have been working for private security...
- Defence Forces Personnel (14 speeches)
Question 25: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of suicides there have been in the Defence Forces since Lariam was first used; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [47270/10]
- Decentralisation Programme (9 speeches)
Question 26: To ask the Minister for Defence if the decentralisation of all military directorates due to move to Newbridge has now been completed; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Civil Defence (11 speeches)
Question 27: To ask the Minister for Defence his responsibility regarding the Civil Defence; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [46256/10]
- Departmental Expenditure (10 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for Defence the way it is intended to achieve the administrative efficiencies of €21million in full as contained in the Budget 2011 proposals; and if he will...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Noel J. Coonan - the need...
- Credit Institutions (Stabilisation) Bill 2010: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to make provision, in the context of the National Recovery Plan and the EU/IMF Programme of Financial Support for Ireland, in relation to the stabilisation, and the...
- Credit Institutions (Stabilisation) Bill 2010: Second Stage (48 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The Joint EU-IMF programme commits the Government to a comprehensive restructuring of our banking sector. The Credit Institutions...
- Biological Weapons Bill 2010: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Foreign Affairs has completed its consideration of the Biological Weapons Bill 2010 and has made amendments thereto.
- Credit Institutions (Stabilisation) Bill 2010: Committee Stage (16 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- National Minimum Wage: Motion (Resumed) (40 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Willie Penrose on Tuesday, 14 December 2010:
- Credit Institutions (Stabilisation) Bill 2010: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages (67 speeches)
- Multi-Unit Developments Bill 2009 (Seanad): Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Multi-Unit Developments Bill 2009 (Seanad): Report and Final Stages (57 speeches)
Before we begin, I wish to bring to the attention of Members two errors in the printed list of amendments. Amendment No.88 should list an t-Aire Dlí agus Cirt as the sponsor. In amendment No....
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- School Accommodation (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise the urgent need for an extension to Nicker national school - Roll No. 142314 - in County Limerick. The school has 94 pupils and...
- Garda Training (2 speeches)
The Garda college in Templemore, County Tipperary, is probably one of the best police academies in the Europe if not the world. In an effort to accommodate the increasing numbers of recruits who...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting what is an important topic for me. While it may not be of interest or importance to many people, it is extremely important to me as it pertains to the...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (No. 2) Bill 2010, without amendment.