Wednesday, 1 July 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10:30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (50 speeches)
Yesterday we got confirmation of 120 job losses in Bausch and Lomb in Waterford, 80 job losses in ICT Eurotel Marketing Limited in Belmullet and 100 job losses in Meadow Meats in Rathdowney. The...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
Programmes for Government.
- Programmes for Government. (190 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach when the review of the programme for Government will be completed; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23566/09]
- Visit of Australian Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to Ms Anna Burke MP, Deputy Speaker...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (11 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. Now we come to requests to move the Adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (91 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 24, Health Insurance (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2008 - Order for Report and Report and Final Stages; and No. 25, Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Bill 2006...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Broadcasting Bill 2008, without amendment.
- Health Insurance (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2008: Report and Final Stages (57 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 has been ruled out of order, it is in conflict with the principle of the Bill.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Cancer Screening Programme.
- Cancer Screening Programme. (6 speeches)
Question 23: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her plans to roll out a national colorectal cancer screening programme in view of the fate of the cervical cancer vaccination, which...
- Hospitals Building Programme. (25 speeches)
Question 24: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the proposed co-located hospitals which will qualify for tax relief; the projected amount of that relief; if she has been informed as...
- Health Services. (11 speeches)
Question 25: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if her attention has been drawn to the fact that 133 terminally ill patients are seeking access to hospice care and are being forced to...
- Hospital Funding. (9 speeches)
Question 26: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her policy position on the allocation of resources to publicly funded hospitals; her views on whether there is a need to change the way...
- Hospital Accommodation. (9 speeches)
Question 27: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her views on whether it is satisfactory that a patient suffering from cystic fibrosis, in need of medical care due to their condition,...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Health Service Staff.
- Health Service Staff. (14 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the measures she will undertake to address the general shortage and uneven distribution of general practitioners, particularly in the...
- National Treatment Purchase Fund. (45 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if the National Treatment Purchase Fund will fund scoliosis surgeries for children experiencing acute pain and needless suffering; and...
- Mental Health Services. (13 speeches)
Question 30: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her plans to relocate the Central Mental Hospital to an existing psychiatric institution (details supplied); and if she will make a...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy John O'Mahony - the need...
- Health Insurance (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2008: Report and Final Stages (Resumed) (132 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 5:
- Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (104 speeches)
I move amendment No. a1: In page 15, between lines 23 and 24, to insert the following: "3.—The operation of this Act shall be reviewed by the Minister and a report shall be laid before the...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Commissions of Inquiry: Motion (Resumed) (20 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy James Reilly on Tuesday, 30 June 2009:
- Land and Conveyancing Bill 2008 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (70 speeches)
Debated resumed on amendment No. 31:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Long-Term Illness Scheme.
- Long-Term Illness Scheme. (2 speeches)
I raised this matter in 2007, when it would probably have been easier to achieve a positive result. Notwithstanding that, I was told it was not envisaged that the 1970 Act that specified the...
- Sports Funding. (2 speeches)
The first time a player puts on the county jersey is always a very proud and special day for that player, his family and the club. For all players that moment happens only after an enormous...
- Register of Electors. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise on the Adjournment the need to take steps immediately to ensure that those added to the register of electors in the run-up to the next...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important issue for students, parents and teachers in south Sligo. Carn national school is a two-classroom school which was built in...