Wednesday, 8 July 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10:30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (81 speeches)
This may be the last opportunity we have to question the Taoiseach before the vote for the House to rise for the summer recess. It is perfectly obvious to everybody that there is a jobs crisis....
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
Government and Church Dialogue.
- Government and Church Dialogue. (19 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will make a statement on the further dialogue with churches and faith communities which he signalled on 17 June 2009. [24766/09]
- Constitutional Amendments. (12 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach the constitutional referendums he plans to initiate during the remainder of 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24929/09]
- Request to Move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Anois, iarratas chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32.
- Order of Business (86 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 25, Defamation Bill 2006 [Seanad] - Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; No. 4, Twenty-Eighth Amendment of the Constitution (Treaty of Lisbon) Bill 2009 - Order...
- Medical Practitioners (Professional Indemnity) (Amendment) Bill 2009: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend and extend the Medical Practitioners Act 2007; to provide for mandatory professional insurance for certain medical...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Health Insurance (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2008, without amendment.
- Defamation Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (73 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 28 to 33, inclusive, are related and may be discussed together.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
National Asset Management Agency.
- National Asset Management Agency. (10 speeches)
Question 25: To ask the Minister for Finance the changes he plans to make to the proposals for the National Asset Management Agency as originally outlined. [28106/09]
- Fiscal Policy. (6 speeches)
Question 26: To ask the Minister for Finance if he will publish, in full and in a timely manner, the reports of the Commission on Taxation and the special group on public service numbers and...
- Budgetary Process. (15 speeches)
Question 27: To ask the Minister for Finance the changes planned for the preparation of the budget and Estimates for 2010; and the role he envisages for the Houses of the Oireachtas in...
- National Asset Management Agency. (14 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for Finance the position with respect to the National Asset Management Agency legislation; if a valuation methodology for assets being transferred to NAMA has...
- Capital Investment. (9 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Finance if he has reached a decision on the potential sources of new funding from a pension bond or otherwise for needed infrastructural investments. ...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Financial Services Regulation.
- Financial Services Regulation. (18 speeches)
Question 30: To ask the Minister for Finance if he has received a report from the Irish Financial Services Regulatory Authority on whether banks have matched fixed rate mortgages with their...
- Financial Institutions Support Scheme. (13 speeches)
Question 31: To ask the Minister for Finance if he has estimated the staffing requirement and the operating costs likely to be associated with the operation of the National Asset Management...
- Pension Provisions. (35 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Finance the estimate of the liability of public sector pensions, including those pension funds recently earmarked for transfer to the National Pension...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy John O'Mahony - the...
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht (Conradh Lispóin) 2009: An Dara Céim (0 speeches)
- (0 speeches)
- Twenty-Eighth Amendment of the Constitution (Treaty of Lisbon) Bill 2009: Second Stage (41 speeches)
Tairgim: "Go léifear an Bille an Dara hUair anois." I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." It is an honour for me to introduce this Bill. Its purpose is to provide for the holding...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- (41 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht (Conradh Lispóin) 2009: An Dara Céim (Atógáil) (0 speeches)
- Twenty-Eighth Amendment of the Constitution (Treaty of Lisbon) Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (45 speeches)
Atairgeadh an cheist: "Go léifear an Bille an Dara hUair anois."
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht (Conradh Lispóin) 2009: Céim an Choiste agus na Céimeanna a bheidh Fágtha (0 speeches)
- Twenty-Eighth Amendment of the Constitution (Treaty of Lisbon) Bill 2009: Committee and Remaining Stages (7 speeches)
I wish to deal with a procedural matter. The substance of the debate on Committee Stage relates to the wording of the proposed constitutional amendment which is contained in the Schedule. In...
- Ráiteas faoi Eolas do Vótálaithe: Tairiscint (0 speeches)
- Statement for Information of Voters: Motion (1 speech)
Tairgim: "GO ndéanfar an ráiteas atá leagtha amach sa Sceideal a ghabhann leis an Rún seo a fhorordú mar fhaisnéis do vótálaithe de bhun alt 23 d'Acht an Reifrinn 1994 (Uimh.12 de 1994),...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Service User Involvement in the Health Service.
- Service User Involvement in the Health Service. (2 speeches)
Last year a public consultation exercise was put in place for the proposed health information Bill which will deal with the collection, use, sharing, storage, disclosure and transfer of personal...
- Services for People with Disabilities. (2 speeches)
I raise this issue because I attended a meeting today of the Walkinstown Association for Handicapped whose members confirmed to me the level of cuts involved. Three kitchen staff have been let...
- Hospital Services. (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for granting me the opportunity to speak on this Adjournment debate. The announcement of the closure of respite beds in Cherry Orchard Hospital caused consternation...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
A number of months ago, the Department of Education and Science put the construction of several primary schools, two of which are in north County Wexford, out to tender. It has come to my...