Wednesday, 4 June 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Acting Chairman (Deputy Seán Ardagh) i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Departmental Strategy Statements.
- Departmental Strategy Statements. (12 speeches)
Question 73: To ask the Minister for Finance if he has issued new policy directives since taking up his post as Minister for Finance; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [22278/08]
- Economic Competitiveness. (25 speeches)
Question 74: To ask the Minister for Finance the level of economic growth in Ireland for the first five months of 2008; the expected level of economic growth for 2008 as a whole; when his...
- Price Inflation. (20 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for Finance if he has monitored the impact of trends in sterling and international commodity prices on Irish price inflation; and if he will make a statement on...
- Public Private Partnerships. (18 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for Finance if his attention has been drawn to the recent comments of the outgoing Comptroller and Auditor General with regard to public private partnerships;...
- National Development Plan. (17 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for Finance if the national development plan will be delivered in full, on time and within budget; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [22280/08]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Government Pay Awards.
- Government Pay Awards. (43 speeches)
Question 78: To ask the Minister for Finance the pre-conditions he is setting before the Government will agree to give up its pay awards. [21867/08]
- Decentralisation Programme. (53 speeches)
Question 79: To ask the Minister for Finance if he plans to alter the decentralisation programme in any respect. [21904/08]
- Fiscal Policy. (21 speeches)
Question 80: To ask the Minister for Finance if he will review public private partnerships as a method of financing public projects; and if he will support a full review of the use of PPPs by...
- Public Service Reform. (8 speeches)
Question 81: To ask the Minister for Finance if he has ruled any recommendations in or out from the OECD report on public service reform which has been passed to a new committee for...
- Leaders' Questions (14 speeches)
I wish to raise the serious issue of rising prices. Consumers, businesses, farmers and fishermen have experienced and are experiencing a massive increase in the price of diesel, petrol and home...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
Commissions of Investigation.
- Commissions of Investigation. (16 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if all costs associated with the MacEntee commission have been discharged; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17138/08]
- Fire Services. (15 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach if he will make a statement on the outcome of his meeting on 6 March 2008 with persons (details supplied). [11397/08]
- Official Engagements. (27 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach his plans for official trips abroad between 7 May and the end of 2008; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [14616/08]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Mary Alexandra White —...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (9 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (70 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 7, motion re referral to Joint Committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Risk Equalisation (Amendment) Scheme 2008; No. 8, motion re referral to Joint...
- Risk Equalisation (Amendment) Scheme 2008: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: Risk Equalisation (Amendment) Scheme, 2008, copies of which have been laid in draft form before Dáil...
- Employment Equality Act 1998 (Section 12) (Church of Ireland College of Education) Order 2008: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Employment Equality Act 1998 (section 12) (Church of Ireland College of Education) Order, 2008, copies of...
- Dublin Transport Authority Bill 2008 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (62 speeches)
The following motion was moved by the Minister of State at the Department of Transport, Deputy Noel Ahern, on Wednesday, 21 May 2008:
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Arts, Sport, Tourism, Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs has completed its consideration of the following Estimates for public services for the service of the year...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Carbon Allowances: Motion (108 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: recognises that electricity generating companies in Ireland will make unearned windfall gains of approximately €1.6 billion, based on an average cost of carbon of...
- Lisbon Reform Treaty Report: Statements (29 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Peter Power, and congratulate him on his appointment. As Chairman of the Joint Committee on European Scrutiny, I am pleased to present its report on the...
- Estimates for Public Services 2008: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights has completed its consideration of Votes 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 36 and 37 for the year ending 31 December 2008.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Accommodation. (2 speeches)
This is an important issue and I would like a straightforward response from the Minister. Last week we heard that 100 jobs were being lost at Our Lady's Children's Hospital in Crumlin. This was...
- Schools Building Projects. (20 speeches)
I thank the Minister for being here in person to deal with this matter, on which I hope we will see progress. This is a long outstanding problem which in recent times has descended into a farce....
- Special Areas of Conservation. (2 speeches)
I am delighted that my debate was selected because I am very concerned about what is happening in special areas of conservations, SACs, particularly in my own area, the Blackstairs Mountains on...