Wednesday, 18 June 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (75 speeches)
It is about time that Members began to focus on the economic situation. For my part, having visited all constituencies in the past two and a half months, it is obvious that for the first time in...
- Parliamentary Questions: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, oral questions to the Taoiseach shall not be taken today.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (4 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceanna a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan-Ordú 32. We will now deal with Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (72 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 21a, statements on the Lisbon treaty. It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, that the proceedings on No. 21a shall, if not previously concluded,...
- Offences Against the State Acts Repeal Bill 2008: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to repeal the Offences Against the State Acts.
- Lisbon Treaty: Statements. (39 speeches)
Last Thursday the people gave their verdict on the proposal to change the Constitution so that this State could ratify the Lisbon treaty. The people have spoken and the Government accepts their...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Lisbon Treaty. (7 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the role the Government played in the Lisbon treaty campaign; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23886/08]
- Overseas Development Aid. (6 speeches)
Question 63: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if Ireland will host a conference to discuss the different options available for responding to the food crisis in the developing world in...
- Foreign Conflicts. (21 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs when he last had contact with the South African ambassador to Ireland; the recent contacts the Irish Ambassador to South Africa has had with...
- Overseas Development Aid. (7 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he has plans to re-evaluate the allocation of Irish Aid; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23889/08]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Foreign Conflicts. (6 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his views on whether the cutting off of diplomatic relations with Chad by Sudan is a matter of concern for the UN mission to Chad; and if he...
- Nuclear Technology. (7 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the position of reports of the international atomic energy association on the development of nuclear technology in Iran. [23530/08]
- World Trade Negotiations. (24 speeches)
Question 69: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the way he will deal with the World Trade Organisation talks in the aftermath of the Lisbon Treaty Referendum. [23155/08]
- Overseas Development Aid. (5 speeches)
Question 70: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the aid he has given to assist in the aftermath of Cyclone Nargis in Burma; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23645/08]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Joe McHugh — the need...
- Lisbon Treaty: Statements (Resumed) (138 speeches)
I accept and respect the decision of the Irish people. However, I am not required to pay tribute to those who abused the politics of fear. This should be condemned. It was right that public...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Dáil Sittings: Motion (Resumed) (28 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Gilmore on Tuesday, 17 June 2008:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (13 speeches)
Does the Minister of State believe the best interests of the women of Cork are served by transferring the breast unit at the South Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital to Cork University...
- Mental Health Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach. I raise this issue because there is great concern across County Mayo. Staff and patients have been notified that major cutbacks in the county's mental health services...
- Services for People with Disabilities. (20 speeches)
It has been repeated time and again in this House that there are no health cutbacks, and that what is being sought are efficiencies that will not hit the front line. Like me, a Chathaoirligh,...
- Child Care Services. (2 speeches)
In October 2007 a state-of-the-art child centre facility was opened in Ballybunion, County Kerry at a cost of €682,400. Additional funding was provided for equipment and facilities in the...