Wednesday, 27 February 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (64 speeches)
I was tempted to raise the readmission of Deputy Edward O'Keeffe to Fianna Fáil but——
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Tourism Industry. (14 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the manner in which the numbers of overseas visitors to Ireland are estimated; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29233/07]
- Census of Population. (46 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Taoiseach if he is satisfied the level of immigration as recorded in the last census was accurate, having regard to views (details supplied) that the census seriously...
- Legislative Programme. (11 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the legislation committee; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [27529/07]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairiscint a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan-Ordú 32. Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order...
- Order of Business (98 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 8, motion re the proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Limerick City Boundary Alteration Order 2008, back from committee; No. 15, Passports Bill 2007 — Report...
- Limerick City Alteration Order 2008: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Limerick City Boundary Alteration Order 2008, copies of which have been laid in draft form before Dáil Éireann on 12th...
- Passports Bill 2007: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (32 speeches)
Amendment No. 24 has already been discussed with amendmentNo. 16.
- Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Report Stage (56 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1, 8 and 14 are related and may be discussed together by agreement.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Health and Children has concluded its consideration of the Voluntary Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2007 and has made amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (4 speeches)
With the Leas-Cheann Comhairle's indulgence, before we proceed, I would like some clarity relating to a question I put down on climate change which, I was surprised to learn, was ruled out of order.
- Waste Management. (12 speeches)
Question 13: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he has instructed local authorities to revisit their local waste strategies; and if he will make a...
- Waste Disposal. (12 speeches)
Question 14: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the position regarding the need for a national waste charge scheme, particularly in view of the 2005 review...
- Planning Regulations. (4 speeches)
Question 15: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he has instructed local authorities on the way to spend the revenue raised from Part V building levies;...
- Private Rented Accommodation. (14 speeches)
Question 16: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the housing standards that apply to accommodation in the private rented sector and the local authority rented...
- Visit of Northern Ireland Assembly Commission Delegation (1 speech)
On behalf of all Members of Dáil Éireann and on my behalf, I welcome to the Chamber and offer a sincere céad míle fáilte, a hundred thousand welcomes, to the members of the Northern Ireland...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
Water and Sewerage Schemes.
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (25 speeches)
Question 17: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the length of time required to put in place the infrastructure for the water services programme; and if he...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Proposed Legislation. (32 speeches)
Question 18: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if the Government is planning changes to the law governing financial donations to politicians of political...
- Planning Issues. (7 speeches)
Question 19: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the steps he will take to remedy the situation where many housing developments are not being completed by...
- Social and Affordable Housing. (20 speeches)
Question 20: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he has assessed the extent of vacant housing property in the Irish market; and its implications for public...
- Environmental Policy. (6 speeches)
Question 21: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the breakdown of the number of European Commission first written warnings, final warnings, referrals to the...
- Waste Management. (3 speeches)
Question 22: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his objectives for mechanical biological waste treatment as part of a national waste strategy; and if he will...
- Planning Issues. (14 speeches)
Question 23: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government when the planning guidelines published in February 2008 will take effect; and if he will make a statement on...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Ring — the...
- Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (32 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment 20:
- Student Support Bill 2008: Second Stage (Resumed) (35 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Broadband Services: Motion (45 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Simon Coveney in Dáil Éireann on Tuesday, 26 February 2008:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Schools Building Projects.
- Schools Building Projects. (11 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this issue. It relates to the newly established Carpenterstown Educate Together national school. It is in Carpenterstown, of which I am...
- Educational Projects. (10 speeches)
I raise this issue because it is incredibly important for the inclusion, prospects and efforts of 60 young mothers to escape from the cycle of poverty. I refer to the Young Mothers in Education...