Tuesday, 12 April 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Constitutional Referenda. (84 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the constitutional referenda he plans for 2005; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3693/05]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Security Industry. (24 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the steps he took prior to 30 March 2005 to bring an end to the activities of gangs which have been robbing security vans and...
- Garda Investigations. (9 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the reason he is awaiting a further report into the Grangegorman murders from the Garda authorities; and if he will make a...
- Prisons Building Programme. (8 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he is satisfied that the acquisition of 150 acres of land at Thornton Hall at a cost of €200,000 per acre represents...
- Deportation Orders. (23 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if there are plans to review the procedures used for the issuing and execution of deportation orders, in view of his decision...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Garda Equipment. (9 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the reason Garda recruits are required to pay €400 for their uniforms; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [10865/05]
- Human Rights Issues. (4 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his views on the recent findings of the Garda human rights audit report which contained serious criticism of the force; the...
- Prisons Building Programme. (21 speeches)
Question 69: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the position with regard to plans to construct a new prison at Thornton Hall, County Dublin; if a contract has been signed...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Crawford — the need for...
- Leaders' Questions. (25 speeches)
Today Irish nurses commenced their latest campaign to highlight the disgraceful scenes at accident and emergency departments around the country. At the Mater Hospital, Cork University Hospital...
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (16 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (53 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 8, the Revised Estimate for Public Service, Vote 17 back from committee; No. 9, motion re the death of His Holiness Pope John Paul II; No. 16, the Disability Bill 2004...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005. (1 speech)
I move the following Revised Estimate:
- Death of His Holiness Pope John Paul II: Motion. (17 speeches)
I move: That, as a tribute of respect to the memory of His Holiness Pope John Paul II, Dáil Éireann sends an expression of its profound sadness and sympathy on the death of The Holy Father to...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005: Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimates for public services for the service of the year ending 31 December 2005:...
- Disability Bill 2004: Second Stage (Resumed). (5 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Cancer Screening Programme: Motion.
- Cancer Screening Programme: Motion. (13 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, recognises that: —there are approximately 1,700 cases of women with breast cancer each year; —approximately 640 women die each year from breast cancer; —cancer...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Disabled Drivers (10 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important issue. I hope the Minister of State has some good news for us at the end of it. One must ask significant questions about...
- School Accommodation. (2 speeches)
Yet again I raise the issue of school places at primary level in Dublin 15. It is hard to believe the Minister for Education and Science and this Government can act so callously as to deprive...
- Site Acquisitions. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this important matter on the Adjournment. Gaelscoil na Cruaiche has been in existence since 1 September 1995, having commenced with seven pupils. It...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise an important issue on the conditions for teachers and students at Kilfinane national school, County Limerick. I have been raising this...