Wednesday, 27 April 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (80 speeches)
This is the last opportunity we will have to raise the matter of carnage on the roads with the Taoiseach before the May bank holiday weekend. This year, to date, unfortunately and tragically, 118...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Departmental Staff. (38 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the number of staff vacancies in his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8768/05]
- Freedom of Information. (30 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach the number of freedom of information requests received by his Department during the first quarter of 2005; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8770/05]
- Public Private Partnerships. (41 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the outcome of the March 2005 meeting of the cross-departmental team on infrastructure and public private partnerships; and if he will make...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (86 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 15, Sea Pollution (Hazardous Substances) (Compensation) Bill 2000 — Order for Report and Report and Final Stages; No. 4, Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2005 — Order for...
- Defence (Amendment) Bill 2005: First Stage. (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to authorise contingents of the permanent defence force to participate in training outside the State and for that purpose to...
- Sea Pollution (Hazardous Substances) (Compensation) Bill 2000 changed from Sea Pollution (Hazardous and Noxious Substances) (Civil Liability and Compensation) Bill 2000: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Sea Pollution (Hazardous Substances) (Compensation) Bill 2000 changed from Sea Pollution (Hazardous and Noxious Substances) (Civil Liability and Compensation) Bill 2000: Report and Final Stages. (47 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 arises out of Committee proceedings. Amendments Nos. 2 and 3 are alternatives to amendment No. 1. Amendments Nos. 1 to 3, inclusive, may be taken together.
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2005: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for the number of Members of Dáil Éireann and for the revision of constituencies, to amend the law relating to the election of such Members and to amend the...
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2005: Second Stage. (7 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The main purpose of this Bill is to implement the recommendations in the report of the independent constituency commission, published in January...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Decentralisation Programme. (12 speeches)
Question 42: To ask the Minister for Finance if he has sought to introduce a policy that only civil servants prepared to decentralise may avail of promotion opportunities; the implications of...
- Tax Code. (10 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Minister for Finance the situation in respect of PAYE and PRSI contributions for workers brought here from a non-European country for the purpose of employment in the...
- Revenue Investigations. (19 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Finance if the practices of life insurance companies will be subjected to the same degree of investigation by the Revenue Commissioners as the policyholders...
- Budgetary Procedures. (8 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Finance his proposals for better budgetary procedures; and the proposed involvement of the Oireachtas in shaping these procedures. [13651/05]
- Tax Collection. (10 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Minister for Finance his views on the recent report from the Revenue Commissioners on the effective tax rates of the top 400 earners for the tax year 2001; his further...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Public Private Partnerships.
- Public Private Partnerships. (40 speeches)
I remind the House that supplementary questions in response to answers on ordinary questions must not exceed one minute.
- Competition Authority Report. (12 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Finance the actions he has taken or which he plans to take in response to the report of the Competition Authority on banking. [13287/05]
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Moynihan — the...
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2005: Second Stage (Resumed). (61 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Class Sizes: Motion (Resumed).
- Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Arts, Sport, Tourism, Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs has completed its consideration of the Dormant Accounts (Amendment) Bill 2004 and has made amendments thereto.
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (5 speeches)
As the first two items are being taken together each Deputy has five minutes and the Minister of State has ten minutes to reply.
- Care of the Elderly. (14 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important matter. A society can be judged by how it treats its older and infirm members. On that basis this Government stands condemned...