Tuesday, 8 December 2020
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (33 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the seventh report of the Seanad Committee on Procedure and Privileges, to be taken on conclusion of the Order of Business without debate; No. 2,...
- Standing Orders: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the report of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges on the amendment of Standing Orders 60 and 61 and the adoption of new Standing Order 60A be adopted, laid before the House...
- Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2020: Report and Final Stages (25 speeches)
Will the Cathaoirleach outline the procedures for the legislation as the debate will be curtailed at 12.30 p.m.? How often may Members contribute?
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Horticulture Sector (3 speeches)
The matter I raise today relates to the importance of the horticultural peat industry to the Irish economy and the threat arising from unprecedented legal and planning problems facing the...
- Planning Guidelines (3 speeches)
It is good to see Senator Moynihan in the Chair. I welcome the Minister of State to the House. The reason I have asked him to come before the House is the urgent need to change the building...
- Pyrite Remediation Programme (7 speeches)
My issue relates to schools. Is that okay?
- Fuel Poverty (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. The recent cold snap has reminded us all how important it is to have a home that is warm. Light and heat are basic human needs. For too many people, the sight...
- Driver Test (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House to address the issue of delays on driver tests. There are delays in getting the theory test. I logged on this morning to see if I could get...
- Road Projects (4 speeches)
The Bandon southern relief road, commonly known as the bypass road, is important infrastructure that for decades has been half complete. Bandon has been through major upheaval in the last ten...
- Teachtaireacht ón Dáil - Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann passed the Finance Bill 2020 on 3 December 2020, which is sent herewith to Seanad Éireann for its recommendations.
- Combating Sexual, Domestic and Gender-Based Violence: Statements (Resumed) (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House.
- Finance Bill 2020: Second Stage (17 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2020: Motion for Earlier Signature (3 speeches)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Withdrawal...