Wednesday, 25 November 2020
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Message from Joint Committee (1 speech)
The Joint Committee on Agriculture and the Marine has completed its consideration of the following motion: That Seanad Éireann approves the following regulations in draft: Horse and...
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Eugene Murphy that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Justice...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Prison Mental Health Services (5 speeches)
I welcome former Senator and now Minister of State, Deputy Feighan, to address the House and Senator Murphy on the issue he has tabled.
- Health Services Reform (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for his attendance in the Seanad this morning to discuss this issue. It is hugely important to the transgender community in Ireland, as well as their families,...
- Covid-19 Pandemic (4 speeches)
It would be good if we had a debate in this Chamber on that last important and sensitive topic. Article 44.2.1° of the Constitution states, "Freedom of conscience and the free profession and...
- Special Educational Needs (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Education who is here to update us on plans for Scoil Colm, Crumlin, Dublin 12.
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (38 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding the Technological Universities Act 2018 (Section 36) (Appointed Day) Order 2020 - back from committee, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order...
- Technological Universities Act 2018 (Section 36)(Appointed Day) Order 2020: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Technological Universities Act 2018(Section 36) (Appointed Day) Order 2020, copies of which have been laid in draft...
- Planning and Development Bill 2020: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Planning and Development Bill 2020: Second Stage (60 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Regulations 2020: Motion (29 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Regulations 2020, copies of which were laid in draft form before Seanad...
- Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2020: Committee and Remaining Stages (10 speeches)
Sections 1 to 4, inclusive, agreed to.
- Inquiry into the Murder of Mr. Patrick Finucane: Motion (27 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann: - recalls the brutal murder of solicitor, Patrick Finucane, at his home in Belfast on 12th February, 1989; - notes the evidence of collusion between...