Tuesday, 10 November 2020
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
Many Senators spoke last week on the issue of the US presidential election. Now that we have President-elect Biden, the Ceann Comhairle and I wrote to the Taoiseach asking that consideration be...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (27 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the Technological Universities Act 2018 (Section 36) (Appointed Day) Order 2020 – referral to committee, to be taken on the conclusion of the...
- Technological Universities Act 2018: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Technological Universities Act 2018 (Section 36)(Appointed Day) Order 2020, copies of which have...
- Appointments to Legal Services Regulatory Authority: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, noting that the Government agreed on 28th October 2020 to propose, for the approval of Seanad Éireann, the appointment or re-appointment, as the case...
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Victor Boyhan that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Finance...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Property Tax (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House and for bearing with us on that procedural issue.
- Covid-19 Restrictions (4 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for selecting this important matter for rural Ireland. I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Malcolm Noonan, to the House. We attended a similar virtual event...
- Care Services (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the Chamber. On the Order of Business of 29 July, I spoke about the 1,700 independent not-for-profit section 39 organisations that operate in Ireland, and in...
- Medical Cards (4 speeches)
When anyone is faced with a difficult health diagnosis, particularly if it is terminal, it is simply life shattering for that person and his or her family and close friends. Apart from the...
- Dog Breeding Industry (4 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit, Senator Hackett. Today, Dogs Trust launched its Sold a Pup campaign, calling for the stringent enforcement of the law on the sale, supply and...
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
I understand that the Leader wishes to make a proposal to the House.
- Living with Covid-19 Restrictions: Statements (20 speeches)
I thank the Minister for Health for coming to the House and invite him to make his opening statement.
- Seanad Electoral (University Members) (Amendment) Bill 2020: Second Stage (51 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. He is almost an honorary Member at this stage, he is in here so often. I invite Senator Byrne to open the debate.