Thursday, 22 October 2020
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Aisling Dolan that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health to make a...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Hospital Funding (6 speeches)
I call Senator Aisling Dolan who has four minutes.
- Disability Services Provision (4 speeches)
I warmly welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Rabbitte, to the Seanad. I am raising the issue of St. John of God Community Services in response to a letter I received from Councillor Paddy...
- Disability Services Provision (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Rabbitte, to this House. It is the first time I have had the chance to publicly congratulate her on her appointment as Minister of State. I have no doubt...
- Middle East (4 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit agus gabhaim buíochas leis as an am a thabhairt dom ar an ábhar seo. I raise the issue of demolitions in the West Bank, which have been...
- School Curriculum (14 speeches)
As the Minister of State knows, Ireland has one of the poorest rates of modern European language take-up in Europe. While much of this might be explained by the fact that we use English, that,...
- Child Abuse (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy O'Gorman. Cuirim fáilte roimhe.
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (45 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the arrangements for the sitting of the House on Friday, 23 October, to be taken without debate on the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 2,...
- Sitting Arrangements: Motion (5 speeches)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in the Standing Orders relative to Public Business: The Seanad shall meet in the Dáil Chamber at 10.30 a.m. on Friday, 23rd October, 2020 and the...
- Investment Limited Partnerships (Amendment) Bill 2020: Committee Stage (Resumed) (42 speeches)
- Health (Preservation and Protection and other Emergency Measures in the Public Interest) Act 2020 and Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (Covid-19) Act 2020: Motions (26 speeches)
I remind Senators that both motions will be debated together and decided separately.
- Electoral (Civil Society Freedom)(Amendment) Bill 2019: Second Stage (19 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Noonan, for attending and for his engagement with me on this important Bill over recent weeks. I will...