Thursday, 8 October 2020
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senators Pat Casey and Ollie Crowe that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, they propose to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Covid-19 Pandemic (11 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Peter Burke, for coming to the House. He will take three Commencement matters.
- Covid-19 Pandemic (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House. To get to the nub of the point I want to make, teachers and parents have made huge sacrifices in the classroom and at home in dealing with...
- School Staff (4 speeches)
I congratulate the Minister of State, Deputy Peter Burke, on his appointment. This Commencement matter relates to the promise of additional substitute teachers in the primary school system. I...
- Flood Relief Schemes (5 speeches)
I welcome Minister of State, Deputy O'Donovan, to the House and congratulate him on his appointment.
- Living City Initiative (9 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for attending. This is my first time to speak in the Seanad Chamber. It is a great honour. Before the Minister of State came in, my colleagues very passionately...
- Leaving Certificate 2020: Statements (24 speeches)
I thank the Minister for Education and Skills for coming to the House to speak on the important topic of statements on the leaving certificate 2020. I want also to thank all of my colleagues who...
- Teachtaireacht ón Dáil - Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann agreed on 7 October 2020 to the amendments made by Seanad Éireann to the Regulated Professions (Health and Social Care) (Amendment) Bill 2019.
- Ireland-China Relations: Motion (24 speeches)
We now move to a motion on human rights violations against the Uyghur Muslim population and other minority groups in China.