Wednesday, 10 July 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Ned O’Sullivan that, on the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Housing, Planning...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Housing Adaptation Grant Applications (9 speeches)
My fellow Kerryman, Senator O'Sullivan, is first. The Minister of State is welcome.
- School Patronage (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the Chamber to respond to this matter, which relates to a new primary school for Donabate. The latter is a town in north County Dublin with a...
- Coast Guard Services (8 speeches)
I thank the Minister, Deputy Ross, for coming to the House to deal with this matter personally. There were scheduling difficulties in the last couple of weeks in arranging for that. The...
- Medicinal Products Availability (6 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State at the Department of Health, Deputy Catherine Byrne, for coming to the House to respond to my Commencement matter on the status of the levodopa-carbidopa intestinal...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (42 speeches, 1 comment)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding the Courts (Establishment and Constitution) (Amendment) Bill 2019, to be taken without debate on the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 2,...
- Assisted Decision-Making (Capacity) (Amendment) Bill 2019: First Stage (10 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Assisted Decision-Making (Capacity) Act 2015 relating to treatment of patients under the Mental Health Act 2001 and...
- Courts (Establishment and Constitution) (Amendment) Bill 2019: Instruction to Committee (1 speech)
I move:That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, it be an instruction to the Committee of the whole Seanad, in relation to the Courts (Establishment and Constitution) (Amendment) Bill...
- Courts (Establishment and Constitution) (Amendment) Bill 2019: Committee and Remaining Stages (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Flanagan, to the House once more.
- Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2017: Committee Stage (Resumed) (182 speeches)
The Minister is very welcome back.
- Local Government Rates and Other Matters Bill 2018: Committee and Remaining Stages (154 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Phelan, back to the House.
- Local Government Rates and Other Matters Bill 2018: Motion for Earlier Signature (5 speeches)
I move:That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Local...
- Genetic Testing: Motion (35 speeches)
I move:That Seanad Éireann- bearing in mind: - that screening for genetic disorders would allow for life-saving treatment for at least one child per week, - that this represents a...