Wednesday, 3 July 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Tim Lombard, that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister of State with...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Garda Stations (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Jim Daly, to the House. His west Cork colleague, Senator Lombard, has four minutes to outline his case.
- Hospital Services (3 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming into the House. I express my sincere thanks to him for making the long trek from west Cork to Belmullet in north Mayo last Monday to engage with staff...
- Audiology Services Provision (4 speeches)
I raise a matter I have raised on a number of previous occasions, namely, the number of children affected by failings in the audiology service across counties Roscommon and Mayo. As I am sure...
- National Children's Hospital (6 speeches)
The Minister of State is welcome to the Chamber this morning and I thank him for taking time out of his busy schedule to come here. There has rightly been much outrage at the savage and massive...
- Teachtaireachtaí ón Dáil - Messages from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann has passed the Land and Conveyancing Law Reform (Amendment) Bill 2019 on 2 July 2019, without amendment. Dáil Éireann has passed the Courts (Establishment and...
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
Arising from the election of Senator Grace O'Sullivan to the European Parliament and the taking up by her of her seat yesterday, a casual vacancy has occurred in the membership of the Seanad. I...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (61 speeches, 1 comment)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Redress for Women Resident in Certain Residential Institutions (Amendment) Bill 2019 - Report and Final Stages, to be taken at 12.45 p.m.; No. 2, Civil Law...
- Redress for Women Resident in Certain Residential Institutions (Amendment) Bill 2019: Report and Final Stages (15 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Justice and Equality back to the House. I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage with the exception of the proposer of an amendment, who...
- Message from Joint Committee (1 speech)
A message has been received from the Joint Committee on Agriculture, Food and the Marine to the effect that it has completed its consideration of the following motion:That Seanad Éireann...
- Civil Law (Presumption of Death) Bill 2016: [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil] Report and Final Stages (15 speeches)
This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with Standing Order 148, it is deemed to have passed its First, Second and Third Stages in the Seanad and is placed...
- Coroners (Amendment) Bill 2018: Report and Final Stages (16 speeches)
Bill recommitted in respect of amendments Nos. 1, 3 and 4.
- EU-Mercosur Trade Agreement: Statements (57 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Humphreys, to the Chamber for a very important debate on the EU-Mercosur trade agreement.
- Social Welfare Bill 2019: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend and extend the Social Welfare Acts; to amend the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997; and to provide for related matters.
- Social Welfare Bill 2019: Second Stage (7 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."