Thursday, 22 June 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Niall Ó Donnghaile that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Brexit Issues (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister and wish him every luck with his new portfolio.
- Hospital Consultant Recruitment (5 speeches)
I wish to raise the issue of hospital consultant post vacancies that currently exist in hospitals. It is my understanding, from the information I have received, that there are some 400 vacancies...
- Water Safety (4 speeches)
I congratulate the Minister for Education on his reappointment. I am sure everyone is delighted for him. He has a significant passion for education and he fits the role exceptionally well, so I...
- Departmental Strategies (8 speeches)
The next matter is in the name of Senator Tim Lombard. I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport, Deputy Brendan Griffin, to the House. I wish him every...
- Order of Business (31 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, the Criminal Justice Bill 2016 - Committee and Remaining Stages, to be taken at 12.45 p.m.
- National Housing Co-operative Bill 2017: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the establishment of an industrial and provident society to be called the National Housing Co-operative Society...
- Visit of Lord Mayor of Cork (1 speech)
I welcome the newly-elected Lord Mayor of Cork, Councillor Tony Fitzgerald, to the House. It is not too often we have the Lord Mayor of Cork city in this illustrious Chamber. He is accompanied...
- Criminal Justice Bill 2016: Committee and Remaining Stages (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Flanagan, to the House.
- Visit of American Delegation (2 speeches)
Before I conclude the business of the day, I am sure that Members will wish to join me in welcoming Dr. Don Ritchie, historian emeritus of the United States Senate, who is accompanied by his wife...