Thursday, 6 October 2016
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Aidan Davitt that, on the Commencement of the House, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Tánaiste and Minister of Justice and...
- Commencement Matters (1 speech)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House.
- Garda Vetting of Personnel (5 speeches)
The statement is self-explanatory. Since the roll-out of the new Garda vetting forms, there has been a disconnect between the legislation and the reality on the ground. A serious problem has...
- Road Projects (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport to his old House.
- Neuro-Rehabilitation Services (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Health, Deputy Simon Harris.
- Order of Business (100 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the arrangements for the sitting of the House on Tuesday, 11 October 2016, to be taken without debate at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 2,...
- Sitting Arrangements: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That, notwithstanding anything in the Standing Orders relative to Public Business, the Seanad shall meet at 3.30 p.m. on Tuesday, 11th October, and Standing Orders 29 and 30 shall stand...
- Matrimonial Matters, Parental Responsibility and Child Abduction: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of...
- Legal Services Regulatory Authority: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann, noting that the Government agreed on 27th September 2016 to propose, for the approval of Seanad Éireann, the appointment of Eileen Barrington SC to be a...
- Action Plan for Education: Statements (47 speeches)
I welcome the Minister and invite him to make his opening statement.