Tuesday, 4 October 2016
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Paul Gavan that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Justice and...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Direct Provision System (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy David Stanton, to the Chamber. Six months ago a Korean woman in her early thirties came to Ireland with her six-year-old son to seek asylum. On arriving,...
- Visit of German Delegation (1 speech)
Before I call Senator Murnane-O'Connor, I am sure Members will wish to join with me in welcoming a parliamentary delegation from the German State Parliament of Bavaria, led by the Mr. Harald...
- Commencement Matters (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Tax Code (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Damien English. This issue relates to the need for the Minister for Finance to ensure that the introduction of a first-time buyer's tax relief is extended...
- Trade Union Agreements (8 speeches)
The Minister of State, Deputy English, will respond to the next matter. I call Senator Craughwell who has four minutes.
- Psychological Services (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. I ask Senator Lombard to make his case. He has four minutes.
- Order of Business (41 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding the address to the House by Mr. Manus Cooney on 5 October 2016, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business without debate; No. 2,...
- Address by Mr. Manus Cooney: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann agrees with the recommendation of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges that, in accordance with Standing Order 57(2) of the Standing Orders relative to Public...
- Seanad Public Consultation Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That, in accordance with the recommendation of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges pursuant to Standing Order 96(1)(a) –(1) A select committee, which shall be called the...
- European Commission Decision on State Aid to Apple: Statements (39 speeches)
I invite the Minister to make his statement.