Wednesday, 29 April 2015
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Cáit Keane that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Schools Building Projects Status (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy English.
- Schools Amalgamation (4 speeches)
I wish to raise an issue regarding the funding policy pursued by the Department when it comes to the amalgamation of DEIS schools with non-DEIS schools. I recently visited a secondary school in...
- School Enrolments (24 speeches)
The Minister of State is very welcome. I am speaking on behalf of the families of Glencullen, Kilternan, Stepaside, Sandyford and Ballyogan who have no secondary school in their area. There are...
- Social Welfare Offices (4 speeches)
Cuirim céad fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit agus táim thar a bheith buíoch de as ucht teacht isteach. The Minister of State knows that there was a movement of community...
- Order of Business (54 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on ash dieback disease, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to conclude not later than 2.15 p.m., if not previously concluded, with the contributions from...
- Ash Dieback Disease: Statements (19 speeches)
I thank Senators for the invitation to the House to discuss this very important issue for the forestry industry in Ireland and to give them an update. It is now two and a half years since...
- Sport Ireland Bill 2014: Committee Stage (64 speeches)
Sections 1 to 7, inclusive, agreed to.
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business that we will conclude at 4:15 p.m. and not 4 p.m. to allow us finish the Bill.
- Sport Ireland Bill 2014: Committee Stage (Resumed) (10 speeches)
- Business of Seanad (7 speeches)
I would like to propose another amendment to the Order of Business in view of the points that have been raised. I propose that we complete Committee Stage now and come back for Report and Final...
- Sport Ireland Bill 2014: Committee Stage (Resumed) (4 speeches)
- Mental Health Services: Statements (54 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to discuss mental health policies and services for children and adolescents. The promotion of positive mental health and well-being in general is important to us all....
- Action Plan for Jobs: Motion (33 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann: noting that: - 330,000 jobs were lost in this country during the tenure of the last Government; - unemployment peaked at 15.1% prior to the effects of the...