Thursday, 17 July 2014
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Michael D’Arcy that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Order of Business (78 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the arrangements for the sitting of the House on Friday, 18 July, to be taken without debate at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 2, motion re...
- Sitting Arrangements: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in the Standing Orders relative to Public Business, the Seanad shall meet on Friday, 18th July, 2014 at 10.30 a.m. and the following arrangements shall...
- Standing Orders: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the Report of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges on Standing Orders 70A, 71 and 119 and the adoption of New Standing Orders 113A and 137A be adopted, laid before the Seanad...
- Commission of Investigation: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann: bearing in mind the specific matters considered by Government to be of significant public concern arising from the fatal shooting of Ronan MacLochlainn by...
- Electoral (Amendment) (No. 4) Bill 2014: Second Stage (45 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Electoral (Amendment) (No. 4) Bill 2014: Committee and Remaining Stages (0 speeches)
Sections 1 to 3, inclusive, agreed to.
- Visit of Taiwanese Delegation (1 speech)
I welcome the Taiwanese representative to Ireland, Mr. Harry Tseng, and the former Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Mark Chen. You are very welcome to Seanad Éíreann.
- Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland Bill 2014: Committee Stage (24 speeches, 1 comment)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Business of Seanad (5 speeches)
Notwithstanding what was decided under Standing Orders this morning, I propose that we would take Report Stage of the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland Bill 2014 now, as agreed by all...
- Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland Bill 2014: Report and Final Stages (0 speeches)
Bill received for final consideration and passed.
- National Treasury Management Agency (Amendment) Bill 2014: Committee and Remaining Stages (43 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Simon Harris, to the House and extend my congratulations to him on his appointment.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Vaccination Programme (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Health, Deputy Leo Varadkar, to the House and take this opportunity to wish him the best of luck in his new portfolio.
- Voluntary Sector Funding (4 speeches)
I appreciate that the Minister for Health, Deputy Varadkar, has only been in his current role for several days but this issue has been well ventilated in the press and in these Houses recently....
- Wind Energy Guidelines (4 speeches)
Táim an-bhuíoch don Chathaoirleach as ucht an ábhar seo a roghnú ar an Athló, ábhar an-tábhachtach do dhaoine thart timpeall na tíre. I am grateful for...
- Education and Training Boards (10 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Education and Skills, Deputy Damien English, to the House. It is his first time to come before Seanad Éireann and I congratulate him on...