Thursday, 3 July 2014
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator John Whelan that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business (72 speeches, 1 comment)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the proposed opt-in to EU Regulation No. 603/2013 on the establishment of Eurodac, back from committee, to be taken, without debate, on conclusion of the...
- Defamation (Amendment) Bill 2014: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for limiting the damages certain public bodies may receive in defamation actions so as to protect public discourse...
- Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission Bill 2014: Committee Stage (36 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Justice and Equality, Deputy Fitzgerald, to the House.
- Regulation (EU) No. 603/2013 on the Establishment of Eurodac: Motion (7 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of...
- Health Service Executive (Financial Matters) Bill 2013: Second Stage (34 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Back to School Costs (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Ciarán Cannon.
- Free Travel Scheme Eligibility (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. In view of the recent kite flying by the Opposition, I hope he will provide clarity on the free travel pass issue. Will he confirm that the current review of...