Wednesday, 13 June 2012
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Michael D'Arcy that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education...
- Order of Business (89 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on the Seanad report on the rights of older persons, to commence at the conclusion of the Order of Business and conclude not later than 1.30 p.m., with...
- Seanad Report on the Rights of Older People: Statements (33 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Kathleen Lynch, to the House. We will have statements on the rights of older people on which a report has been completed by the Seanad Public Consultation...
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions) Bill 2012: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to make provision for the limitation of the effect of certain criminal convictions in certain circumstances and after certain periods of time; and to provide for related matters.
- Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions) Bill 2012: Second Stage (14 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Business Undertakings (Disclosure of Overpayments) Bill 2012: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to require undertakings in receipt of overpayments to inform the payer of the occurrence of the overpayment and to facilitate the repayment of the overpayment; to permit the...
- Business Undertakings (Disclosure of Overpayments) Bill 2012: Second Stage (11 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire. This proposal arises from the need for ethics and transparency regarding overpayments which occur in the course...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Arts Funding (9 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Dinny McGinley.
- Disadvantaged Status (3 speeches)
An important issue I have raised for some time concerns several schools that met the DEIS qualifying criteria in 2005 but were not awarded DEIS status by the Department of Education and Skills....
- Regional Development (3 speeches)
The purpose of this Adjournment matter is to evaluate the performance of the national spatial strategy and Waterford as the gateway city to the south-east region. A recent ESRI report entitled,...
- Unfinished Housing Estates (4 speeches)
I raise this issue following the announcement by Cork County Council this week that it is to move ahead with a public consultation on the development of a new town on the north-west side of Cork...