Thursday, 7 June 2012
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Averil Power that on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for the...
- Order of Business (165 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding the proposal for a directive on the freezing and confiscation of proceeds of crime in the European Union, to be taken without debate on the...
- Decade of Commemorations: Statements (12 speeches)
I thank Senators for this opportunity to discuss the commemorative programme for the decade of centenaries. I recognise the expertise and interest in the history of the period that can be found...
- Visit of Northern Ireland Delegation (1 speech)
Before I call on the next speaker I am sure that Members will join me in welcoming members of the Northern Ireland Assembly, Mr. Mike Nesbitt, MLA, the newly elected leader of the Ulster Unionist...
- Decade of Commemorations: Statements (Resumed) (13 speeches)
I am glad to have the opportunity to say a few words on this very important topic. I welcome the Minister to the House. He is well placed because of his strong sense and view of Irish history...
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
The Leader of the House has indicated that he wishes to make an amendment to the Order of Business.
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2012: Committee and Remaining Stages (38 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Jan O'Sullivan.
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2012: Motion for Earlier Signature (3 speeches)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Local Government...