Tuesday, 31 January 2012
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Thomas Byrne that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and Skills...
- Order of Business (57 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Education (Amendment) Bill 2012 - Committee Stage, to commence at the conclusion of the Order of Business and conclude not later than 6.30 p.m.
- Education (Amendment) Bill 2012: Committee Stage (5 speeches)
- Fifth Report of the Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
The Committee of Selection reports that it has discharged Senator Eamonn Coghlan from membership of the Joint Committee on Environment, Transport, Culture and the Gaeltacht at his own request and...
- Education (Amendment) Bill 2012: Committee Stage (Resumed) (184 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 3:
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business, that Committee Stage of the Education (Amendment) Bill 2012 conclude not later than 7.15 p.m. I thank the Minister for his co-operation. I have...
- Education (Amendment) Bill 2012: Committee Stage (Resumed) (54 speeches)
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Official Engagements (4 speeches)
Gabhaim buíochas as an deis seo a labhairt ar an díospóireacht seo anocht. I will be brief and, with some leeway from the Cathaoirleach, will contribute again when the Minister concludes. ...
- Schools Staffing (3 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming to the House to take this Adjournment matter. There has been much speculation and discussion on the decision to cut career guidance teacher numbers. I would like...
- Meitheal Forbartha na Gaeltachta (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government, Deputy Fergus O'Dowd.
- Rent Supplement Payments (2 speeches)
My query relates to the payment of rent allowance directly to persons in receipt of social welfare benefits. This system was changed a number of years ago in order that landlords would no longer...