Wednesday, 5 October 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Fidelma Healy Eames that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Order of Business (115 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 13, Private Members' Business and No. 1, statements on communications, energy and natural resources. No. 13, motion No. 7, shall commence at the conclusion of the...
- Presidential Elections: Motion (1 speech)
I move: "That Seanad Éireann: — recognises the need to enhance the democratic process on this island; — recognises the desire to enable Northern participation in the political life of the...
- Visit of Northern Ireland Assembly Delegation (1 speech)
Sula leanfaimid ar aghaidh, ba mhaith liom fáilte a chur roimh bheirt ón Northern Assembly, Willie Clark, MLA, and Caitríona Ruane, MLA. They are both welcome to the Seanad.
- Presidential Elections: Motion (Resumed) (85 speeches)
Ba mhaith liom cuidiú leis an rún atá os ár gcomhar. Ba mhaith liom fáilte a chur roimh an Aire. Bhí mé ag déanamh amach an tseachtain seo caite go raibh imní orm nach raibh sé...
- Communications, Energy and Natural Resources: Statements, Questions and Answers (73 speeches)
I thank the House for the invitation to outline my policy priorities. Given the span of the brief in my portfolio and the relatively limited time at my disposal, I will use this address to focus...
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Springboard Initiative (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Education and Skills, Deputy Ruairí Quinn, to the House. I now call Senator Healy Eames for the first Adjournment matter.
- Hospital Accommodation (12 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach and the Leader for forcing the Minister for Health, Deputy James Reilly, to come before the House. We welcome the Minister today but it is a shame that I, after 15...
- Flood Relief (4 speeches)
I forgot to acknowledge the Minister for Health, Deputy Reilly, and to thank him for attending the House. I call Senator White.
- Overseas Development Aid (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State and it is good that the Minister with responsibility for overseas development aid is taking it. That is an endorsement of the work we are trying to do in the...