Wednesday, 21 September 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator David Cullinane that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Jobs,...
- Order of Business. (124 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. 1 to 4 on the Order Paper. No. 1, statements on the Arts, are to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude no later than 2.15 p.m., with...
- Arts Plan: Statements (150 speeches)
I am delighted to be present and I would like to acknowledge Senator Mac Conghail's work in organising this debate. I served in the House for four years in the 1980s and I always found it a...
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
By agreement of the House, I propose to extend five minutes for the Minister to finish. I have two technical amendments to the Order of Business. No. 2 is a Private Members' Bill and we will...
- Arts Plan: Statements (Resumed) (10 speeches)
Senator O'Sullivan spoke about ring-fencing money for regional centres. Funding is available from the Department for certain operations, which is very important, but it is a matter for the Arts...
- Reporting of Lobbying in Criminal Legal Cases Bill 2011 - Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to ensure that all communications between any member of the Oireachtas and members of the judiciary or any employee of a Department, agency, or body corporate which are...
- Reporting of Lobbying in Criminal Legal Cases Bill 2011: Second Stage (36 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." It cannot have escaped the attention of the House that over the past few months there has been an inappropriate level of public and media...
- An Bille um an Naoú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht (Luach Saothair Breithiúna) 2011: An Dara Céim (0 speeches)
- Twenty-Ninth Amendment of the Constitution (Judges' Remuneration) Bill 2011: Second Stage (21 speeches)
Tairgeadh an cheist: "Go léifear an Bille an Dara hUair anois."
- An Bille um an Naoú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht (Luach Saothair Breithiúna) 2011: Céim an Choiste agus na Céimeanna a bheidh Fágtha (0 speeches)
- Twenty-Ninth Amendment of the Constitution (Judges' Remuneration) Bill 2011: Committee and Remaining Stages (1 speech)
In accordance with the Order of the House today, Committee Stage will be taken now. Before Committee Stage commences, I would like to deal with a procedural matter relating to Bills to amend the...
- AN SCEIDEAL (0 speeches)
- SCHEDULE (10 speeches)
Tairgeadh an cheist: "Gurb é an Sceideal an Sceideal a ghabann leis an mBille."
- Ráiteas faoi Eolas do Vótálaithe: Tairiscint (0 speeches)
- Statement for Information of Voters: Motion (3 speeches)
Tairgim : GO ndéanfar an ráiteas a leagtar amach sa Sceideal a ghabhann leis an Rún seo a fhorordú mar fhaisnéis do vótálaithe de bhun alt 23 d'Acht an Reifrinn 1994 (Uimh. 12 de 1994), i...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Job Losses (8 speeches)
I asked for this debate to focus on the situation in Waterford and the south east. The Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation was in the House last week to speak on innovation and job...
- General Medical Services Scheme (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Shortall, to the House.
- Hospital Services (3 speeches)
I want to raise the provision of X-ray services at two community care hospitals in my constituency, Donegal South-West. I raise this in a week in which there was much controversy surrounding the...