Thursday, 15 September 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator David Cullinane that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Order of Business (174 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re International Democracy Day, to be taken without debate; No. 2, statements on the future of local and rural transport, to be taken at the conclusion of...
- International Democracy Day: Motion (1 speech)
I move: On International Democracy Day 2011, Seanad Éireann welcomes the successes of the recent movements for democracy across different countries internationally with the events of the "Arab...
- Future of Local and Rural Transport: Statements (27 speeches)
I thank the Chair for giving me the opportunity to address the House on the future of the rural transport programme. It does not seem that long since I was a Member of this House. Many Senators...
- Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2011: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the Insurance Act 1964 and the Insurance Act 1989 to provide for contributions to and payments from the insurance compensation fund and for related matters.
- Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2011: Second Stage (20 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2011: Committee and Remaining Stages (6 speeches)
Sections 1 to 3, inclusive, agreed to.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Planning Issues (8 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise this matter. It is a complex issue which has had serious consequences for Meath County Council and local authorities throughout the country....