Wednesday, 25 November 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Election of Member (1 speech)
I have to announce that the following Member has been elected to fill the casual vacancy in the membership of the Seanad to which the resolution of Seanad Éireann of 30 October 2009 has...
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Fiona O'Malley that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Foreign Affairs to...
- Order of Business (167 speeches)
As Leader, I welcome Senator James Carroll from Monasterboice, County Louth as a Member of this Seanad. He is the first Member of the Oireachtas elected who was born in the 1980s. We welcome...
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2009: Committee Stage (Resumed) (29 speeches)
- Business of Seanad (12 speeches)
As I indicated earlier, I propose an amendment to the Order of Business, namely, that statements on the recent floods should commence at 1.30 p.m. and adjourn at 2.30 p.m., resume at 5 p.m. and...
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2009: Committee Stage (Resumed) (11 speeches)
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business, that the sitting be suspended until 1.40 p.m.
- Flooding: Statements (11 speeches)
The House will now hear statements on flooding. I call on the Minister of State at the Department of Finance with special responsibility for the Office of Public Works to make the opening...
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2009: Committee Stage (Resumed) (77 speeches)
- Flooding: Statements (Resumed) (29 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Brady. Senator Buttimer has five minutes remaining.
- Foreshore and Dumping at Sea (Amendment) Bill 2009: Committee and Remaining Stages (39 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Killeen.
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2009: Committee Stage (Resumed) (166 speeches)
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- World Population Report (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to discuss the UNFPA's annual world population report. The particular focus this year is on the effect the growth in population has on climate change. While I...
- Third Level Charges (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Finneran. I welcomed the opportunity to hear the previous matter on the Adjournment. Some issues were raised on which Senator O'Malley and I could have...
- Social Welfare Benefits (4 speeches, 1 comment)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire go dtí an Teach. Baineann an cheist gur mhaith liom a ardú os comhair an tSeanaid leis na bónais Nollag a bhí á íoc ag an Stáit dóibh siúd a fhaigheann...