Tuesday, 19 February 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Shane Ross that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and Children to...
- Order of Business (62 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re custodial sentences, back from committee without debate, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 2, motion re Disease of Animals...
- Credit Union Savings Protection Bill 2008: First Stage (4 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled Credit Union Savings Protection Bill 2008.
- Mental Capacity and Guardianship Bill 2008: First Stage (3 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled Mental Capacity and Guardianship Bill 2008.
- Custodial Sentences: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of the following...
- Animal Diseases: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann resolves that section 17A (inserted by section 2(1) of the Diseases of Animals (Amendment) Act 2001 (No. 3 of 2001)) of the Diseases of Animals Act...
- Criminal Law (Human Trafficking) Bill 2007: Second Stage (Resumed) (8 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Inter-Country Adoptions (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Hoctor, to the House.
- Housing Grants (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, Deputy Batt O'Keeffe, to the House. I propose to raise a number of issues concerning the new...
- Schools Building Projects (4 speeches)
Rarely in my relatively short career as a politician have I received such a number of telephone calls, e-mails or letters as I have on this matter. I have been in touch with a number of very...