Wednesday, 30 November 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.35 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Bannon that on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for the Environment,...
- Order of Business. (89 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. 1, 2 and 20, motion 25. No. 1 is a motion which was referred to the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights and it has completed...
- Treaty of Amsterdam: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion, provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam, to take part in the adoption of the following...
- Request to Move Adjournment of Seanad under Standing Order 29. (5 speeches)
I have notice from Senator Norris regarding a motion he wishes to raise under Standing Order 29. I call Senator Norris to give notice of the motion before I give my ruling.
- Irish Medicines Board (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2005: Committee Stage. (76 speeches)
- Road Safety: Motion. (66 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, noting: —that 354 persons have been killed on our roads in the first ten months of 2005; —the number of persons killed or seriously injured on our roads in the...
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, whose roots are in County Westmeath, to take this important matter. I have brought it before the House to highlight the appalling lack of sewerage facilities in...
- Hospitals Building Programme. (7 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Chathaoirleach for allowing me to raise the important matter of the specific allocation of funding for Nenagh General Hospital. I thank the Minister of State for coming to the...