Thursday, 25 November 2004
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Bannon that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for the Environment,...
- Order of Business. (48 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Council of Europe Development Bank Bill 2004 — Second Stage, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude no later than 1 p.m., with...
- Visit of US Delegation. (5 speeches)
Before I call the next speaker, I am sure Senators will wish to join with me in welcoming United States Congressmen, Mr. Mike Simpson and Mr. Greg Walden and Speaker of the Idaho House of...
- Order of Business (Resumed). (74 speeches)
I join with Senators in requesting a debate on decentralisation, in which we can celebrate the first phase of this ambitious programme.
- Council of Europe Development Bank Bill 2004: Second Stage. (19 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Business of Seanad. (2 speeches)
I apologise for interrupting Senator Mooney. Committee and Report Stages of the Bill under discussion were scheduled for tomorrow. I have spoken to the Fine Gael Party and the Labour Party and it...
- Council of Europe Development Bank Bill 2004: Second Stage (Resumed). (6 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Health and Social Care Professionals Bill 2004: Committee Stage (Resumed). (154 speeches)
- Council of Europe Development Bank Bill 2004: Committee and Remaining Stages. (50 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Council of Europe Development Bank Bill 2004: Motion for Earlier Signature. (5 speeches)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2 of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Council of Europe...
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, Deputy Batt O'Keeffe, to the House and thank him for taking this matter concerning the...
- Telecommunications Services. (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. I have already spoken about this matter in a general debate on communications. This issue will be a hot potato in the years ahead. As we move forward...
- Search and Rescue Service. (4 speeches)
At 6.27 a.m. last Sunday morning, a crab boat with four crew members on board got into difficulties in Mulroy Bay in County Donegal. The coastguard units from Mulroy and Buncrana responded...