Wednesday, 19 October 2022
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.12 a.m.
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 37 and the name of the Member in each case: Deputy Gino Kenny - to discuss the...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Social Welfare Payments (4 speeches)
My office has been contacted about this issue more frequently in recent months. I put on record my thanks and those of the staff who work at my constituency office in Limerick to the staff in...
- Medicinal Products (4 speeches)
A number of parents are listening to this debate. What they will want to know is when their children will get access to the drug, Kaftrio. There are 35 children being denied a drug that is...
- Local Authorities (8 speeches)
With the kind consent of an Leas-Cheann Comhairle, would it be possible to share with Deputy Pádraig O'Sullivan?
- Domestic, Sexual and Gender-based Violence (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy James Browne, for attending for an important catch-up on domestic violence and domestic violence funding in the budget for 2023. As the Leas-Cheann...
- Mother and Baby Institutions Redress Scheme: Motion [Private Members] (28 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: acknowledges: — that all survivors of Mother and Baby Homes, County Homes, related institutions, unlawful or forced adoptions, and abuse in...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (26 speeches)
Last night, Sinn Féin brought a motion before the Dáil calling on the Government to ensure that households are protected from electricity and gas disconnection this winter. Our motion...
- Ceisteanna ar Pholasaí nó ar Reachtaíocht - Questions on Policy or Legislation (85 speeches)
I do not know if the Taoiseach heard the voices of the thousands of students who last Thursday took part in a walk-out protest against the Government's failure to tackle the student accommodation...
- Eviction Ban Bill 2022: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 to ban evictions for the duration of the current housing emergency. ...
- Estimates for Public Services 2022 (1 speech)
I move the following Supplementary Estimate: Vote 29 — Environment, Climate and Communications (Third Supplementary Estimate) That a third supplementary sum not exceeding...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Citizens' Assembly (27 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will provide a timeline for future citizens’ assemblies. [50103/22]
- National Economic and Social Council (22 speeches)
3. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the National Economic and Social Council, NESC. [50104/22]
- Departmental Bodies (22 speeches)
10. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the public service, justice and police reform division of his Department. [48038/22]
- Pre-European Council Meeting: Statements (20 speeches)
The European Council will meet in Brussels later this week on 20 and 21 October. Before turning to that meeting, I will briefly update the House on the first meeting of the European Political...
- Visit of Georgian Delegation (1 speech)
I welcome the Georgian ambassador, Mr. George Zurabashvili, to our proceedings. I extend the hand of friendship to him.
- Pre-European Council Meeting: Statements (Resumed) (26 speeches)
I will return to a theme the Minister of State has heard me discuss in the past, namely, the scandal of Ireland's share of the fish in our exclusive economic zone. As the Minister of State is...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Tourism, Culture, Arts, Sport and Media has completed its consideration of the National Cultural Institutions (National Concert Hall) (Amendment) Bill 2022 and has made...
- Central Bank (Individual Accountability Framework) Bill 2022: Second Stage (Resumed) (1 speech)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Visit of Portuguese Delegation (1 speech)
Ba mhaith liom céad míle fáilte a chur roimh Uachtarán na Portaingéile, an tUasal Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, atá inár measc inniu. Ina chomhluadar freisin...
- Central Bank (Individual Accountability Framework) Bill 2022: Second Stage (Resumed) (30 speeches)
Ba mhaith liom fosta céad míle fáilte a chur roimh Uachtarán na Portaingéile agus an fhoireann iomlán atá in éindí leis. Tá míle...
- Central Bank (Individual Accountability Framework) Bill 2022: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach pursuant to Standing Orders 95 and 181.
- Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2022: Second Stage (2 speeches)
I will have to ask the Minister to adjourn the debate at 7.20 p.m.
- Sex Offenders (Amendment) Bill 2021: Report and Final Stages (67 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 6, between lines 8 and 9, to insert the following: “(a) in the definition of “sexual offence”, by the substitution of “section...