Wednesday, 25 November 2020
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10 a.m.
- Greyhound Industry: Motion [Private Members] (25 speeches)
I move: “That Dáil Éireann: notes that: — the Irish greyhound industry receives substantial public funding; — in 2021, the Exchequer will subsidise greyhound...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (24 speeches)
We are hearing very distressing news of the death of a man who lived in a tent close to Leinster House this morning. I express my condolences to his family and friends. I just wanted to...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (158 speeches)
Thirty-one Deputies have already indicated, including 13 carried forward from yesterday. I call Deputy Mary Lou McDonald.
- Social Welfare Commission Bill 2020: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the establishment of a commission to make recommendations and report annually on the adequacy of social welfare...
- Estimates for Public Services 2020 (1 speech)
I move the following Further Revised Estimate for Public Services 2020: Vote 32 — Enterprise, Trade and Employment (Further Revised Estimate) That a sum not exceeding...
- Supplementary Estimates for Public Services 2020: Leave to Introduce (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates forthe service of the year ending on the 31st day of December, 2020: Vote 30 —...
- Estimates for Public Services 2020: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That, subject to leave being given to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on 31st December, 2020, the Supplementary Estimates be referred...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Legislative Programme (17 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the status of Bills under preparation in his Department. [38331/20]
- US Presidential Election (16 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his telephone call with the President-elect of the United States of America. [36601/20]
- Shared Island Unit (7 speeches)
8. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the shared island unit of his Department. [38621/20]
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 37 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Darren O'Rourke - the...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Telecommunications Services (4 speeches)
I am thankful for the opportunity to raise this matter. I do not think there is a Deputy, Senator or councillor who does not know what prompted me to table it for debate. I do not know of a...
- National Broadband Plan (8 speeches)
I am raising this issue because so many constituents are having significant trouble accessing broadband throughout mid-Cork. They need broadband to be able to work from home, for college, to run...
- Brexit Issues (13 speeches)
We appreciate the Ceann Comhairle allowing this matter because it is of significant importance. The Minister of State is well aware of the cross-border directive that has been in place for a...
- Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2020: Financial Resolutions (1 speech)
I move the following resolutions: THAT section 58 of the Value-Added Tax Consolidation Act 2010 (No. 31 of 2010), which relates to the retail export scheme, be amended in the manner and to the...
- Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2020: Instruction to Committee (1 speech)
I move: That, pursuant to Standing Order 187, it be an instruction to the Committee on the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2020 that it...
- Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2020: Order for Committee Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Committee Stage be taken now."
- Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2020: Committee and Remaining Stages (121 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Estimates for Public Services 2020: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach has completed its consideration of the following Supplementary Estimate for public services for the service of the...
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (28 speeches)
It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders or the order of the Dáil of 24 November 2020, that the Dáil shall now be suspended for 45 minutes and, on the resumption of...
- Regulation of Lobbying (Amendment) Bill 2020: Second Stage (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Mairéad Farrell on Tuesday, 24 November 2020: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Greyhound Industry: Motion (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Holly Cairns on Wednesday, 25 November 2020: